ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Wrestling: If there were a roster of 56 wrestlers, would that be enough for two brands?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2012, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

The JokeBat is on a distinguished road
Default Wrestling: If there were a roster of 56 wrestlers, would that be enough for two brands?

Of the fifty wrestlers, the roster consists of ten tag teams, seven women wrestlers, two mid-card championship belts, and one world championship belt. Now, would the roster be enough for two world championships or not?

Btw, this is just a hypothetical question.

I meant to say fifty six wrestlers. I was basically asking if the quantity of having 56 contracted wrestlers would be enough to create two programs (or brands). Of course, the referees, security guards, creative teams, booking teams, website, etc, would increase the total price.
The JokeBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2012, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Cameron is on a distinguished road

If there was more women wrestlers yes!
Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2012, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

No, Instead of having one really good roster, you'll have 2 ok rosters. then your dealing with injuries, time off. you'd probably need another 10 wrestlers.

Why? sounds interesting
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2012, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

You could have one really good Wrestling Promotion the size of TNA. However, if yoiu want to have a Wrestling Promotion the size of The WWE, the answer would be no. TNA only has one televised show In The United States: Impact Wrestling and 3 House Shows. WWE has Monday Night Raw, Superstars, Main Event, Friday Night Smackdown, Saturday Morning Slam and NXT. In addition to The Televised Shows, WWE in a normal week does 6 or more House Shows, so 56 Wrestlers would not be enough to work all these shows.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2012, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (87%) is on a distinguished road

That would leave you with about 14.5 wrestlers for each brand that are male singles competitors. If we have only 1 world title, and the two midcard straps are relegated to separate brands...maybe. I think you'd have to change things up with a draft now and again and have tag teams wrestle as singles on occasion to keep things fresh, but sure, it could be interesting. I think you should just keep ONE world title to encompass each brand though. Of your 14.5 that are going to be singles workers, realistically, only maybe 5 of them are going to be main event caliber if you're lucky, and if you try and elevate the remaining 9.5 competitors from the midcard, you wont have much of a midcard division inevitably. So I say have one world title for the entire promotion to be defended between the two brands, which would double your main event opportunities from around 20 different matches and feuds you could have, to about 90.
Candle (87%) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2012, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Stephen Cartwright is on a distinguished road

I think it is, but splitting a roster into two brands is never a good decision. If you wanted more talent on a show, the best thing to do would be to have more shows. WWE made too many brands (Smackdown, ECW, WCW, Raw, NXT, Slam etc.), I generally prefer one roster but many shows. Makes more sense.
Stephen Cartwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2012, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Shadowkhan Warrior is on a distinguished road

Pretty much what Julius C and the other users said. Having a roster of fifty six professional wrestlers competiting on two or more programs or two or more events wouldn't be enough. This takes a large amount of salary to not only the athletes, but the medical staff, officials, road agents, commentators, board of directors, event staff, stadiums/gyms/arenas, trainers, creative team, and other personnel. You would need a huge checkbook for all the contracts for over fifty six employees. Also, getting a national televised deal isn't going to be simple as networks CONTROL your program(s) instead of you choosing whichever network you want your program on.
The Shadowkhan Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote