ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why hasn't Samoa Joe been more successful within his pro-wrestling career?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Nov 2012, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

The Irish Curse is on a distinguished road
Default Why hasn't Samoa Joe been more successful within his pro-wrestling career?

He has received praise from legends like Steve Austin and Mick Foley, he has been praised by Cm Punk, even in TNA he has beaten legends like Kurt Angle and Booker T, yet he has only been World Champion once and most people over look him as a posible contender for that championship, why is that?

Thanks WS!!!
The Irish Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2012, 02:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

TNA booking committee only sees him as a fat guy and not as a pro wrestler with skills and charisma that could do a damn good heel promo. Again the writing staff of TNA is full of incompetent fools who do not know how to promote talent.....Joe is not the only victim here.....I really feel bad for Abyss, Eric Young, AJ Styles, Kaz, Hernandez, Magnus, and all of the good lady wrestlers that left Orlando on a bad note.
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2012, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

qwertyuiop is on a distinguished road

Because he is not kissing those red and yellow trousers, brother.
qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2012, 02:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

no name is on a distinguished road

Actually, he is a two time world champion. He won the ROH Championship and defended that title in so many high profile matches all over the world, it was declared a World Championship.

Samoa Joe has ignored TNA's requests for him to lose weight, TNA think that a slimed down Joe would be more marketable.
no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2012, 02:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (87%) is on a distinguished road

Before I get thumbs down'd to hell for this, let me preface by saying that I like Joe. I love how he works, and I think out of his crop of indi guys who tried to play badass world beaters, he's one of the few that has the skill, size, and intensity to do it well.

With that being said, outside of his stiff offense, amazing agility, novel style for a guy his size, and capability to pull a good match out of anyone...he's just not a long term bankable prospect.

Joe lacks a few cogs in his Samoan Submission Machine that would make him a huge asset to any company. Namely; mic skills and a bit of humility. Joe's the type of guy who shouldn't talk, nor should he have to, and a guy like that can only be a main eventer for so long before he's relegated to putting over the newcomers that have more promise. Another guy just like Joe with about as much upswing that gets tons of praise by his peers was Brent "Gunner Scott" Albright, but like Joe, ring savvy and intensity can only carry you so far. Benoit was the same way. It took him so long to climb the hill to the top, and it was rumored that he would've been moved to the ECW brand to lose to guys like Punk and Morrison to legitimize them prior to his horrific self-inflicted fate.

I've also heard that he's not up for deviating from the character he currently plays. Like Low Ki, Joe's very protective of his Badass persona, and like with Low Ki, his stringent attitude toward being booked like a monster has cost him.

So yeah, there are plenty of reasons Samoa Joe's not lighting the world on fire, and I think in the end, they all boil down to the fact that Joe's just not the big star that ROH fans and TNA fans want to believe he can be.
Candle (87%) is offline   Reply With Quote