ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Agree or Disagree Vince Mcmahon has killed wwe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2012, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

??????? ??? is on a distinguished road
Default Agree or Disagree Vince Mcmahon has killed wwe?

i grew up during the attitude era and 9 times out of ten people will say that was the best time in wwe history. now fast forward to i guess pg era does it seem like vince is not into wwe anymore? i mean kane goes from a scary monster to screaming yes and no like a little kid. the storylines are garbage and the tag team and divas divison is dead. half of the crowds are dead and vince had to fire some of his writers. the ratings are low as well. he can only bank on cena as his money maker. i can barley watch 3 hours of wwe raw. it is not as exciting like it use to be. thoughts?
??????? ??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2012, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mama Ziggler is on a distinguished road

He killed the WWE when he took over.How the hell does a company go from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvlIgBnypDM

to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9OaJd_67zg
Mama Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2012, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Yan Villanueva is on a distinguished road

I don't think Vince has killed WWE, the creative writers lack of creativeness killed it, but I do agree with you, Attitude Era was the greatest years in the WWE.

In my humble opinion, the reason why the Company is being killed is because of creative writers lack in creativeness as well as the PG rating, once the PG rating lifts and removed, the company would be back on track.
Yan Villanueva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2012, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

So are you 25 right now? That era was a long long time ago.
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

nba_gsw is on a distinguished road

Well the WWE had to transition to PG which really limited their crazy conducts. And of course we were kids when the there was the Attitude Era. We believed Stone Cold Steve Austin was really deliverying a "stunner" to Vince, we believed Undertaker was tombstoning Mankind. Everything is seen through the eyes of a child and someone who is deeply fascinated by the sight of real people performing what otherwise is deemed magic. Now that we are grown up, its harder for us to appreciate the Walls of Jericho or Edge's Spear or Triple H's pedigree. We've seen it hunderds of times now. We know the tricks behind the moves. And this coupled with the fact the WWE can't curse on tv anymore and can't show blood on non-PPV events(or even head shots from chairs) really have limited their idea stream. But I can guarentee you that kids still are awed by the WWE today. I still think they are capable of some shockers, but they are branching a little too much. I've heard good suggestions of eliminating Smackdown(now that Raw is 3 hours long) and also eliminating all but 4 PPVs--Royal Rumbler, Summerslam, Wrestlemania and Survivor Series. In my opinion, the talent has been diluted. The tag division is lacking and the WWE seem so desperate on making stars. However, it has hurt them that they have lost so many superstars lately--Edge, Jericho, HHH, HBK, Batista. Then a few years back further--JBL, Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Benoit. And in turn, the only truly superstar caliber players they ahve been able to create has been John Cena, Cm Punk, Randy Orton and Sheamus.
nba_gsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

?S|E|S?? (Zmb?? P??n?ss) is on a distinguished road

Funny. Vince McMahon was the owner during the Attitude Era (the so-called "greatest era of all time") and now as soon as he cuts the blood and cursing, he killed WWE. Funny.
?S|E|S?? (Zmb?? P??n?ss) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Swoope is on a distinguished road

Agree. It happened a long time ago man
Swoope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mr. C - Green Revolution? is on a distinguished road

If it wasn't for Vince, WWE wouldn't even be as great as it is. And why do people always cry about how the attitude era is over? Get over it. And the PG era has had some great matches. And storylines to wrestling are always stupid, nothing has changed.
Mr. C - Green Revolution? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Jayson Kane is on a distinguished road

Vince McMahon made the WWE what it is. Professional wrestling would not be on TV if not for McMahon. WWE is going through a down period but if the WWF survived the mid 90's they can survive this because its still infinitely better than it was '93-'95.
Jayson Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Mr. Lipshitz is on a distinguished road

Well, if you think WWE is dead then you can say the man who is in charged did it, and that would be Vince!
Mr. Lipshitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Patrick Mignogna is on a distinguished road

Vince killed pro wrestling a long time ago when he started plucking the top talent from the regional territories and making backdoor television deals like he did with Georgia Championship Wrestling and the AWA in his attempt to make the WWWF/WWF a national promotion. His need for money and power destroyed what was once a great sport. I believe if he would have stayed in the northwest territory that pro wrestling as we knew it would have survived. There was nothing wrong with the territory system. There were enough wrestlers and enough money to go around. Vince McMahon and Vince McMahon only is the reason why I stopped watching his product a long time ago. He is not in it for the fans or the wrestlers. He is in it for himself. He lives by the credo of whoever dies with the most toys, or in this case money, wins. Well i'm sorry Vince, YOU destroyed professional wrestling. Your father and grand father are probably spinning in their graves after what you have done to the sport that they helped build.
Patrick Mignogna is offline   Reply With Quote