ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

WWE and it's current era?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

BallzDeep is on a distinguished road
Default WWE and it's current era?

So many people say they want an Attitude Era to return and happen again. I grew up through that Era and loved it. I know the main viewers now of WWE are family and kids, but do you think WWE may ever return to a product like that with edgey storylines, violence, blood and women half naked?
BallzDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?????? ??????? is on a distinguished road

I don't care about era nor rating. As long as I can see good match, I'm happy, and right now, WWE is not able to deliver a good, technical match.
?????? ??????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Filip is on a distinguished road

So many people say they want a correct grammar to return and happen again. I grew up with it and I loved it. I know the main users of correct grammar are educated people, but do you think BallzDeep will ever understand the difference between "its" and "it's"?
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Jordaroo is on a distinguished road

you cant simply re-create the attitude era. tbh the ruthless agression era was kind of the attitude era without the success. the wwe (and pro-wrestling overall) just needs a new era. We thought we were getting it last year after MITB 2011 but its back to the same old shite
Jordaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Answered 24-7 is on a distinguished road

Yeah. A lot of people would love for it to come back. WWE is empty. All of the good wrestlers are gone. Most of them went to another company. When the PG Era was added, most wrestlers left. When wrestling first started, it never involved children to watch it. the boss of WWE decided to change from that Era to PG! Wrestling really is mean't to be about skill and strength. WWE was better when there was the attitude Era. And now when PG came about, it is now more of a joke. There are only a few good wrestlers on it now. Before it changed, they all were brilliant.
Answered 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Moe Money is on a distinguished road

An Attitude Era or anything that happened between 1985-2001 will never be recreated again. When the WWF had competition, the product was amazing. WCW came up and boasted they had better wrestlers, the WWF said "Okay, we'll top that." ECW said they had more exciting and raunchier entertainment, so they said again "We can top that" and that's exactly what they did during the Attitude Era,

The WWE found out that since it no longer had any competition, there was no point in having the raunchy material, and after the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide, the WWE gradually began to stop doing dangerous matches. Currently, the WWE had to change, but they chose the best money reeling campaign that they could: Cater to the kids and enter the Social Media scene.

The only way the WWE could return to it's "Attitude-esque" self, there would have to be competition. The closest competition to the WWE is Total Nonstop Action (choosing TNA since ROH and other promotions are not televised), but TNA is still too small, with it's weekly shows at Soundstage 21 in Orlando is only capable of holding less than 2000 people, while WWE shows boast 10000+ people per show.
Moe Money is offline   Reply With Quote