ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How painful is professional wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2012, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

illcoolz is on a distinguished road
Default How painful is professional wrestling?

Hey guys,

I was wondering, how is that when professional wrestler in WWE fall from ladders on the ring, or on tables, they don't get really injured? I mean, is the ring made to absorb the shock of the fall so the wrestlers don't get hurt? How does it really work?

Thank you.
illcoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

DST[btw, I_m a girl] is on a distinguished road

The ring doesn't exactly....absorb the shock, but it doesn't hurt as much as it appears to, but it certainly isn't made of feathers.

As for Ladders, how would you like to fall 12-20 feet onto a padded mat? The tables probably hurt the most.

The injuries aren't major, at most theres a few bruises, a bit of soreness, but not much more.

Then again, I've been falling to the ring for the past 5 years, so I'm used to it by now.
DST[btw, I_m a girl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

????????????? is on a distinguished road

Yeah it hurts quite a lot, but eventually you just get used to the pain so it's not that big of a deal. I've been told that taking a bump (ie, jumping up and letting your back hit the floor) is the equivalent of getting hit by a car going at 60km/h or something. I wouldn't be surprised if that's true, the first time I took a bump it felt like I was hit by a car.

If you get into pro wrestling, you're pretty much guaranteed to have back problems and knee problems. When I first signed up for a pro wrestling training school, I even had to get the approval of a doctor before I started doing it.

Obviously, wrestlers are taught how to minimize the impact of bumps. You basically just spread your arms before you hit the floor. This doesn't really reduce the pain that much, it just makes sure your spine doesn't take all of the shock. Other than that, there isn't much else done to reduce the pain.
????????????? is offline   Reply With Quote