ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you believe the torch has been passed to Ryback as the next face of the WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2012, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Dkingz is on a distinguished road
Default Do you believe the torch has been passed to Ryback as the next face of the WWE?

WWE keeps saying the torched was passed on their facebook page I highly doubt that being true. But I won't put it pass Vince to build Ryback as a company man however Cena is 35 years old man with nagging injuries but still is the biggest draw in the WWE what gives?
Dkingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Mark Callous is on a distinguished road

Maybe lets see how Ryback lasts in a match longer then five minutes and look good then we can say the torch has been passed if NOT I see Punk dropping his title for no reason just to drop it back to him because Ryback couldn't draw. WWE needs to experiment first with Ryback before dropping the title to him or ending his undefeated streak.
Mark Callous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

?S|E|S?? (Zmb?? P??n?ss) is on a distinguished road

No. Just no.

Had Cena not needed the surgery, Ryback would've probably competed on the Hell in the Cell pre-show against Tensai. WWE needed a quick replacement and Ryback was their first (and only credible) option. No torch has been passed. And please tell me how bone chips are "nagging injuries" and how 35 is considered "old". I could understand if Cena were 42 but he's not.
?S|E|S?? (Zmb?? P??n?ss) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Charles is on a distinguished road

no ryback is post to be a replacements to all the super wrestlers that faild in the past rybacks post to be like goldberg from wcw days cena will possilbly past the torch to zack ryder OR to a younger upcoming star who has that marine sgt slaughter act cena acts in a way 2
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

jack is on a distinguished road

i think WWE has passed the torch to Ryback or Sheamus
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Obnoxious Cole fan is on a distinguished road

No. Truthfully Ryback isn't that much younger. WWE isn't trying hard if they're trying to make him their next big face.
Obnoxious Cole fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Jayson Kane is on a distinguished road

I like RyBack and I'd like to see him get a chance as champion but I don't think he is going to be the new face of the WWE. Last time the WWE had a guy like him take over as the face was The Ultimate Warrior and it just didn't go well. RyBack can be WWE champion without being the face of the company. Until someone proves otherwise its John Cena and should be.
Jayson Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

BallzDeep is on a distinguished road

No, and I believe he was thrown into this Cena-Punk fued because of Cena's injury. It's going to take some time I believe to bulid up a new face of WWE, so the torch stays with Cena until then.
BallzDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Noob

Clark W-Angel Buffy Chosen is on a distinguished road

Um...yeah...not even close.

Ryback has been with the WWE in his new, repackaged form for what? Four months? Maybe a bit longer? John Cena has been selling out arenas and headlining PPV's in the WWE for almost a decade now. Ryback has said exactly two lines since joining the WWE (albeit effective ones). John Cena has been, and continues to be, the ambassador to the outside for the WWE (which is the single biggest indicator of who is the "face" of the company). With or without the championship, John Cena is the face of the WWE, and missing one PPV because of injury hardly changes that. The WWE is of course hyping Ryback up as much as possible. He's in the main event of the coming PPV. They want the audience to take him seriously, and he lacks the history to make that happen on his own.

And while I like Ryback a lot and am expecting him to be a major player for the WWE moving forward, he's not exactly the first hot new thing to hit the scene. Anyone remember Bobby Lashley? He got a mega-push and completely flopped. Looking back a bit, the same happened with Lex Luger. In more recent years, anyone recall "The Brian Kendrick"? He got a huge push as "the next Shawn Michaels", got his own bodyguard and had a title match within a month or two of his new debut and flamed out fast.

I'm not saying that'll happen to Ryback, I hope it doesn't, but to say that he is the new "face of the WWE" is way, WAY premature. He's not even in the same stratosphere in that regard as Cena, Orton, Punk or even Triple H.
Clark W-Angel Buffy Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Mr. Lipshitz is on a distinguished road

It just all depends, is Ryback going to be a draw, if not, then WWE isn't going to be able to rely on him carrying the company, but if he brings in ratings, WWE will go with it!
Mr. Lipshitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

Avinash is on a distinguished road

No.Ryback still has to establish himself as a future star.He himself is as old as John Cena.Soon,after Hell in a Cell,I think he will be back to the mid-carders,and until Cena retires 5 or 6 years later,the torch won't be passed to anyone.

The WWE is saying so because in the storyline,they want to keep it suspense,the fact that John Cena is still the main event-er,and that Ryback is still not that established enough to be in the level that John Cena has reached.WWE wants to establish that Ryback is the next big thing according to the storyline,but it might be dissolved in a few weeks.

Its true.We have seen the storyline going out of order,and WWE might get confused at a point of time about what they shall do about Ryback.The bottom line is this,Ryback is still a star who is overhyped,but he has not reached to that level yet,the level where we all realise that he is a potential champion, in accordance with his age.So,the torch has still not been passed to him.

Please answer mine:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8021911AAAqZKn
Avinash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2012, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Crossbones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you believe the torch has been passed to Ryback as the next face of the WWE?

My opinion is - the WWE can't "pass the torch" to anyone. Hulk Hogan passed the torch to the Ultimate Warrior. Ric Flair passed the torch to Sting. An elite wrestler has to drop a match to a young star to bring them up to superstar status. The Rock could have passed the torch to John Cena, but didn't. The Undertaker can pass the torch. I don't think Punk or Cena are in the elite class yet.
Crossbones is offline   Reply With Quote