ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why are the WWE and Kofi acting as if this is the first time he's been IC champion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2012, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Etr
Young Noob

Etr is on a distinguished road
Default Why are the WWE and Kofi acting as if this is the first time he's been IC champion?

I remember when he beat Jericho few years ago, and it was total shocker and a great moment..

like ..I hope that the reason they are playing it like that so he can become a main eventer after this.
Etr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2012, 02:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

Being champion is suppose to be a big deal.......not its-his-turn-this-month mentality.
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2012, 02:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nabid is on a distinguished road

they want to give a limelight to kofi........
Nabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2012, 03:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ben Clayton is on a distinguished road

Because that belt in 2012 is a worthless piece of junk.
Ben Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2012, 03:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

BobbyMcFerrin8 is on a distinguished road

Because it was an awesome 22 minute contest and kofis singles career is back on track
BobbyMcFerrin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2012, 03:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Max
Jobber

Max is on a distinguished road

because they want him to act hard
Old 19 Oct 2012, 03:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Voice of the voiceless. is on a distinguished road

Because he probably had a genuine celebration whilst winning it, its kind of a big deal.
Voice of the voiceless. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2012, 04:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Spyro is on a distinguished road

Kofi,won the IC Champion again? Sorry, i haven't been watching WWE nearly as much( 7< hours a week, is too much;especially Raw with those extra replays,commercials) The thing i have noticed about the WWE, is they can exaggerate little things. Like you know John Cena has been doing his Firearms Carry finisher on giants such as The Big Show,since 2005. YEARS later, he can do the same finisher on a lighter opponent and they can be so over dramatic, as if its never been done before, "This guy is inuman,i never seen anything like it". The commentators sometimes oversell the performers- they always say how m they never been more impressive, or how they never seen them like this(Even though we ween it all). However, Kofi is not the only one. There are a few wrestlers that won the IC Championship more than once(John Morrison,Christian) and they were as happy as they were the first time. I think its not only winning the Championship; its about how they won it,where they won it, and what kind of matches they put on,to win any kind of champion. I think its a mixture of them been happy with there performance in the ring.Any championship is important,especially if they worked too hard.

Hopefully this will be a great way for Kofi to get more ring time and with his charisma,high-octane, flying skills and his work-ethic; this will be a good way to get him over more than what he already is. Kofi is one of the best in ring performers in the ring AND, he has flashy moves and casual fans like to see flashy moves and unforgettable spots. Hoperfully the WWE will see what great presence he has and put him in higher caliber matches. I didn't like The Miz as intercontinental champion anyways- Kofi would be a much better champion and add more prestige to the belt. There probably been smart by not pushing Kofi too fast. Hope this helped.
Spyro is offline   Reply With Quote