ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Are there any pro wrestlers that you are/were a BIG FAN of them, but they are considered bad or

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2012, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

Koumidiator WRW VLR OS is on a distinguished road
Default Are there any pro wrestlers that you are/were a BIG FAN of them, but they are considered bad or

overrated? A wrestler that you used to mark out, or might still mark out if he/she appears/comes back/wins a championship etc.

-And what did you like about him/her??

**BQ(optional)**: Why do you think, the IWC(Internet Wrestling Community) or the wrestling world in general, considers him/her as an overrated or a bad wrestler overall??

Example: I was a huge Goldberg mark back in the day. I liked his strength, posture, powerfull and awesome to watch moves(even if a strong percentage of them have been botches lol) etc. I think the IWC consider him overrated because he was botching enough and he was squashing opponents far superior TECHNICALLY WISE than Goldberg.

Be as detailed as you wish! Thanks!

Thanks for the answers! There are a few very good ones! Jeff is finally enjoying his fame and stability with the fans, so i wouldnt count him as bad/overrated/hated anymore. Same for Cena, cause even if ppl love to bash him, he has a huge fanbase, and i consider myself a fan of cena too. Not a huge one, but i respect and admire him.
Koumidiator WRW VLR OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

The Canadian Destroyer is on a distinguished road

jeff hardy
The Canadian Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

marcus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to marcus

Randy orton
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Faded is on a distinguished road

I highly agree with the Jeff Hardy one.
Faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Michael is on a distinguished road

Jeff Hardy
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Etr
Young Noob

Etr is on a distinguished road

I always liked Jeff Hardy, and over the last 3 years he's grown to be one of my favorite wrestlers...

I remember people saying he's " a bad wrestler ", " his brother is better ", " he's just a spot monkey "..

But the guy is an amazing performer, great charisma, great look, and can wrestle! He may not be able to carry a match, but he doesn't need to be carried, his matches with Kurt Angle , Triple H, Edge , Morrison and Punk were all great matches !

He's got a great move set !

BQ : I'm guessing because he used to be a drug addict, had A LOT OF CHANCES to change, but screwed up everytime ..every single time ( mostly in WWE).. and that horrible showing at Victory Road last year..worst and most embarrassing TNA moment ever..untill August of last year, when he asked for his final chance, and after nearly 15 month, he's completed his road to redemption.
Etr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Jayson Kane is on a distinguished road

Without a doubt I marked out hard for the Ultimate Warrior and still would to this day. I was a teen back when I first saw him and I just loved his intensity in the ring and during interviews. But mostly the mad dash to the ring is what sold it for me. Sure his interviews made no sense but people praised the Macho Man for his mic skills and did you ever really know what he was talking about?

BQ: Because when you go back and actually analyze his matches they were poor but then again that's not what he was about anyways. He was also a real life jerk but I still don't care.
Jayson Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Chicago Knight is on a distinguished road

Hulk Hogan

No matter how old he is or how controversial his life is,I'll always be a Hulk A Maniac!

BQ:The so called "I-W-C" consider him to be an overrated non-wrestler and has-been,despite the fact he made pro wrestling what it is today.At his age,he's still considered to be the biggest wrestler/superstar on the planet and,for that,the "i-W-C" hate him.
Chicago Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Noob

? §traigh? ?dg? §ui¢id?? ? is on a distinguished road

Easily John Cena. I could quite honestly care less about all the negative feedback he recieves on a daily basis and sometimes the excuses are just really idiotic. People complain about him having "5 moves of doom" when EVERY wrestler ends a match with the same set of signatures and finishers every time. People complain that he's "only for kids" when he has living, breathing fans right here on Yahoo Answers (I hope none of them are 8 and 9) and all around the wrestling community. And mean, people make a laundry list of outright crap to complain about and look like idiots doing it. I'll always be a lifelong fan of Cena.
? §traigh? ?dg? §ui¢id?? ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Eileen is on a distinguished road

I'm a big fan of Alberto Del Rio, but I know that a lot of people find him to be boring.
Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2012, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

King Wrath is on a distinguished road

Diamond Dallas Page DDP

I used to go nuts whenever DDP would come out in the crowd back in WCW..

I thought of him as one of the most entertaining wrestlers

during the Monday Night Wars.

He was very charismatic and a good wrestler.

Just a shame how his WWE Career turnt out..

BQ: I think DDP is often hated on or forgotten about when

mentioning greats as once he was

finally getting over and main eventing WCW was bought out and then

couldn't catch a break

in WWE and the rest is history..
King Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote