ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Without Percy Pringle (aka Paul Bearer) are The Undertaker (Mark Callaway) and Kane (Glenn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Oct 2012, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Jayson Kane is on a distinguished road
Default Without Percy Pringle (aka Paul Bearer) are The Undertaker (Mark Callaway) and Kane (Glenn

Jacobs) as big? Where would The Undertaker and Kane be right now in the pro wrestling pecking order without Paul Bearer being their mouthpiece in the early years.

Which would of been a bigger if neither had his help?
Jayson Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2012, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Dont Ask is on a distinguished road

You are right, neither the Undertaker or Kane would have worked without Paul Bearer... you can't sell a Michael Myers type of character if he has to be asking for a mic and tap test the mic to see if it's working to do his own promos.
Dont Ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2012, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Mark Callous is on a distinguished road

Well The Undertaker and Kane didn't really need Paul Bearer but I do believe helped both men start their careers but nothing more.
Mark Callous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Koumidiator WRW VLR OS is on a distinguished road

Well, it is tough to say. Paul Bearer fits sooo well with Kane and The Undertaker that makes you think that everyone got profit from that partnership. Kane did. Taker did. Bearer did. Generally, it's in Paul Bearer's face expressions and appearance that made him connect so well with Taker and Kane. You can't have a manager like Miss Elizabeth, manage The Undertaker or Kane. You need to combine pure evil(Paul Bearer) with sole mystery/awe/unique(words that describe Taker & Kane's gimmicks). So yeah, i think all of them gained a lot by each other. I wouldn't like Taker or Kane talking too much in their promos, cause it would ruin their characters, and i also wouldn't like a manager that won't "fit their image" do most of their working promos cause it wouldn't make much sense and the character would be less reliable.

So pretty much WWE hit veins of gold by making Bearer their manager respectively.

That was my answer, about general thoughts on Bearer, Kane, and Taker, but when the topic comes to IF Taker and Kane would be as big WITHOUT Bearer, then YES! I think there would be a very strong possibility of both men being AT MOST as big. It was still a period when WWE was pushing giants when Taker debuted, and he had both the size and the ability to conquer WWE, even with another person as his manager. Brother Love for example. And i would say same goes for Kane. I think he could still be huge, with someone like Paul Heyman by his side. That's because i think both Taker & Kane had/have very unique gimmicks. And as a matter of fact, it wouldn't feel right for me, to state that Undertaker and Kane became THAT big, solely because of Paul Bearer. I think they would all still be the legends they are considered today.

The most accurate explanation i can give, about Bearer's involvement in the whole Taker/Kane character development is like this: Bearer is a spicy sauce. The viewers are spicy-burger-eating lovers. You make a burger with Taker and Kane and a few spicy/chilly incredients on it but without the sauce, which makes it STILL very tasty & good. They enjoy it...but WITH the sauce that fits excellent in the recipe, you NAIL it and you make it perfect for them.

LOL not sure if my reference made any sense, but i gave it a shot haha.

So yeah, i think Taker and Kane would still be as big as they are. They would still get the job done with another manager, similar or different of Bearer. But like i said before, Bearer came and fit excellent to the occassion, for our own satisfaction.

And finally, if NEITHER had his help, i think that still Undertaker would have been bigger than Kane. But for this, credit goes not only to The Undertaker, but to Kane too, because the guy refused many title reigns, just because he didn't need to be in the spotlight, to enjoy wrestling, and he was willing to push over younger guys.

awesome q
Koumidiator WRW VLR OS is offline   Reply With Quote