ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

highest paid writer in wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2012, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Just ified Bobby is on a distinguished road
Default highest paid writer in wrestling?

I've heard and asked about who was the highest paid wrestler in history but I was wondering who was the highest paid writer in wrestling. I've heard people say that back in 1996-2000 with WCW and WW(F) Vince Russo even though he's a d-bag was treated like a king and they did what ever they could to keep him happy and that he was paid and treated just like the top stars.

Was Russo the highest paid ever or was it someone else? Also how much was the highest paid amount? Thanks
Just ified Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

????s is on a distinguished road

I don't know how much but I think is as Russo
????s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

CWHD is on a distinguished road

Catch TNA's Biggest PPV Of The Year at http://cwhd-streams.tv.gg

TNA BFG 2012 and Countdown LIVE at CWHD!
CWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Allen is on a distinguished road

Russo 100%

For over 10 years, Russo was the head writer of every wrestling promotion he went to (WWF, WCW, TNA). He has been treated as king in all those promotion even though he went insane with his ideas and brought down the other companies.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

The Charismatic Nightmare is on a distinguished road

it's gotta be Russo
The Charismatic Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

RUSSO MANiA is on a distinguished road

Ive said this over and over Vince Russo wasn't happy in the WWF because Vince Mcmahon wouldnt give him a break to spend time with his kids.He missed the birth of his own daughter because of TNA.In WCW they were rushing him and ed to turn WCW into the WWF.
RUSSO MANiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

During a lot of the Attitude Era Russo was writing both RAW and Smackdown every week; when he went to WCW he was writing both of their weekly TV shows, too. That's 4-5 hours of television EVERY WEEK. I imagine WCW paid him more than the WWE did. He probably is the highest paid wrestling writer in history.

I believe Brian Gewirtz (head writer on RAW for a lot of years; recently demoted) was being paid over $200,000 a year; I think I remember reading that someplace. I would think Russo commanded much more than that (during the Monday Night War), probably closer to a half-million a year, I'd guess. Russo basically wrote The Monday Night War himself (he had other writers on his staff, but he was the Head Writer in both WWE and WCW during his stints for each company). Russo is as much responsible for the Attitude Era and Monday Night War as anybody is. He was well-compensated for that.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote