ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How do japanese people(who dont speak english) and wrestlers that speak english talk to each other

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2012, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

RUSSO MANiA is on a distinguished road
Default How do japanese people(who dont speak english) and wrestlers that speak english talk to each other

in matches? Ive never really thought about this until now
RUSSO MANiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Heartbreak Kid

Alexander is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Alexander

I read in Eddie Guerrero's book that the wrestlers have a basic knowledge of Japanese, and the Japanese wrestlers have a basic knowledge of English.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 09:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

? §traigh? ?dg? §ui¢id?? ? is on a distinguished road

Great question.. I think the wrestlers who speak English don't need to actually say anything but the wrestling move, which the Japanese wrestlers should know.. I mean really, is there really a Japanese word for Armbar?
? §traigh? ?dg? §ui¢id?? ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

As countless American and Canadian Wrestlers have stated in their biographies written within the last 40 years, The Wrestlers take the time to learn some Japanese, otherwise you find yourself in a country where you are working for several weeks if not months and you can't even order Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. You won't be a linguist by any means, but you do learn enough Japanese that you can live and work in Japan.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2012, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

Wrestling is a universal language....come on did Stan Hanson need to speak Japanese to be popular in the country? No all he had to do was LARIAT respect out of people. If all the moves have a universal name then they can just call it in the ring.......for instance you can watch a match from say New Japan and the commentators will be saying blah blah blah eh yosh hi then out of no where they will yell BRAINBUSTER! or FRANKENSTEINER! or SUPLEX RANDOM NUMBER!

All they need to know is simple phrases or key words to communicate.....I mean come on did Tajiri and Super Crazy speak perfect English in ECW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuON5qUkxz0
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote