ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

I quit watching tna many years ago but I ask: Why are hogan and Bishoff a part of tna?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2012, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

wildstyle89 is on a distinguished road
Default I quit watching tna many years ago but I ask: Why are hogan and Bishoff a part of tna?

Most have nothing good to say about them and we all know Hogan is only out for himself. What part do they play in everything and how did they end up there?
wildstyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 07:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Stingette aka the crow is on a distinguished road

whats a tna man?
Stingette aka the crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Roger is on a distinguished road

Not entirely sure. Not much of a wrestling guy.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

Because Dixie Carter somehow thinks Hogan and Bischoff can help. She needs to realize that just because Hogan was one of the biggest stars in the business doesn't mean he knows the first thing about running a wrestling company.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 07:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Jim Crockett Promotions Fan is on a distinguished road

Panda Energy thought that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff could help TNA grow and expand and become a more profitable Professional Wrestling Promotion. Hulk Hogan and Erich Bischoff signed Contracts with TNA. They have input with The TNA Booking Team.
Jim Crockett Promotions Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 07:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

http://www.mspointscodes.com/?i=1108827
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

javi is on a distinguished road

Because hogan is a joke!!!!! He's broke so he has to be there and its so pathetic he takes up so much tv time ... Like holy christ this guy drives me crazy I wish he would have a stroke already
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 07:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

TNA signed Hogan and Bischoff for the same reasons they signed Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Booker T, Christian, and Ken Anderson. They are well-known to all wrestling fans and can potentially increase TNA's brand-recognition and fan base.

Hogan and Bischoff are currently in the roles of consultants (to storylines and character development, and TV production). Bischoff (as the manager of a heel stable) was written off TV (apparently permanently) a couple months ago via a match stipulation that stated if Bischoff was pinned he would leave wrestling forever. He lost, TNA threw him a going away party, and he left. Hogan is in the on-screen role of GM but doesn't make many TV appearances. He got that role after Sting resigned as GM and talked Dixie Carter into appointing Hogan to that role. Previously, Hogan had been corrupted and led astray by Bischoff and together they ran roughshod over TNA, including cheating Dixie out of control of the company. Through a long and protracted war Sting was able to regain control to Dixie, break Hogan free of Bischoff and convinced the real Hulk Hogan to come back. The real Hogan did come back, handed over the reigns to Sting and then he left. After Sting had had enough of the despicable villain Bobby Roode's shenanigans he resigned as GM in order to fight Roode in the ring. Sting then talked Dixie into appointing Hogan as GM.

Hogan and Bischoff do not RUN TNA. They are consultants with a lot of input and say-so but Bruce Pritchard is the Head Writer in charge of storylines and character development.

Hogan, despite his well-deserved reputation, is actually getting a bad rap from most of his detractors these days. Hogan doesn't hog the spotlight, he makes few TV appearances, and he doesn't wrestle. He, by all indications, is trying to help TNA to grow by suggesting new ideas, talking up TNA and it's performers, and putting over TNA wrestlers in the few promos he does these days.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote