ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do people talk about bringing old wrestlers back just for one last match?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2011, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Rob Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Why do people talk about bringing old wrestlers back just for one last match?

I read about this alot and even hear from fans as well that the WWE should bring back (insert wrestler name here) for one last match. For me, this is a new decade and the dawning of a new era is pro wrestling (or at least should be) and the WWE should be plannin for and building for the future, not constantly looking to past.

I dont understand why anyone would want to see so-and-so return to the WWE just to compete in one match and then retire shortly after and only shhow thier faces every so often. The WWE NEEDS young fresh talent who can ACTIVELY compete on a REGULAR BASIS - not some part-time, special occasion, PPV-only type of deal. How can the WWE build for the future when all people want is wrestlers who wont even be around for the future?

Now I'm not saying that I'm not a fan of these older wreslters but, maybe its JUST ME, but I would prefer to see guys who will lace up the boots and compete every week over guys who will only show up in suits and ties, give stupid promos talking about the good ol' days, or guys who are with the company but only in backstage roles. If an older still has it in him to compete every week then cool, but if he or she is old as hell and past thier prime (or wrestlign prime) then they dont need to hyping up or promoting these people to return when all they are gonna do is do one match and then we dont see them again only for special occasions.
Rob Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2011, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Scorpion is on a distinguished road

i agree i was about to ask the same question

WWE should build a new talent, a real new talent not just talkers

and they should only show the old wrestlers in promos

and people that hate the kids and say that kids destroyed WWE are stupid

even more than the kids because WWE can be bitter whenever they want

and the old wrestlers that return for one match and lose destro thier name as legends and look pathetic WWE could be bitter with its new talent but if they were smart

there are many new superstars that are bitter than the old wrestlers (i hate calling a everyone legend)

the new talent can make his very own new attitude era if used correctly and can be bitter than the past one

dont forget to post a BA

sorry for my english
The Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2011, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

yaheigh is on a distinguished road

People sometimes do want to see their favorites from the past one more time. Of course, the guy is older now and just can't wrestle like he used to most of the time.

A big part of this is the WWE's fault for not promoting the newer / younger guys enough. People want to see the older guys they've seen for years because the new guys aren't over. Its really that simple.

The only good (long term) that can come out of it is if the guy coming back puts the new guy over. Even then - what does it prove? That the new guy can beat someone over twice his age that has been retired for years? Whats the point of that.

Bringing these guys back gives Vince a short ratings boost but ultimately it hurts wrestling. He needs to build interest in the younger guys.
yaheigh is offline   Reply With Quote