ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Did the Attitude era hurt or help pro wrestling+BQ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2011, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

russo mania? is on a distinguished road
Default Did the Attitude era hurt or help pro wrestling+BQ?

Did it hurt or help the way it was presented to non wrestling fans.You have think about how much hate mail the WWF got from angry parents.I remember seeing something on the news about a kid getting in trouble at school for doing the D-X chop.

This has nothing to do with the Attitude era but back when CM Punk threatened to jump of the titantron and when he gave all the members of new nexus a........spanking?There was this one angry mom who told everyone in the chat on WWE.COM including The Fink that she was never leting her children watch WWE again.

BQo you still blame the kids for WWE being PG?

@Adam Vince Russo has said something similar to what i'm about to say Fans spend more time on spoiler websites than they do watching wrestling
russo mania? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2011, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

The Amazing Adam is on a distinguished road

I think it helped it, WWF was ENTERTAINING and was fun to watch, you never know what could happen next.......now? It's just predictable!

BQ: Kids are the problem!
The Amazing Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2011, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The_Billionaire is on a distinguished road

There's plenty of crazee moms. When I was a kid I got kicked out of a few of my friend's houses for swearing. I really think you need to ignore those overbearing, menopausal, wack-job of a woman because... they will not invest the same money in wrestling as a 25yo-35yo male. And the only reason they would watch it with their kids is because they get to see Johnny 6-pack in spandex.

About the mom and the CM Punk thing... This is like McDonald's taking a threat from someone who only buys a $1 cheeseburger once a month from them.

I think the PG era actually accomplishes something. You see... it turns youngsters into wrestling fans. The WWE thinks if a little boy gets into wrestling, that maybe when he's older he will be more likely to watch it. Also, it's no secret that a lot of the people who watched the Attitude era had watched Hogan back in the day. I think the attitude era was like eating all the corn you planted in the spring. In the end, you need to take your sh1t and use it to fertilize the next crop.

What the WWE really needs to do is target themselves to the people who will spend the bucks. My brother is 27 and he has a collection of WWE T-shirts and a bookshelf full of the WWE DVD's. In fact, I watched Smackdown with him last friday, loved the Shemus/Ryder vs. Ziggler/Barret match and I watched the Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels feud DVD. Now, neither he or I go to the spoiler websites.

If the WWE wants to have seperate brands... then why not make one show a PG show then make the other show a Rated R show. I really think they ought to think about have 2 seperate brands that don't intercact with one another.

I thing that because of the kids the WWE couldn't make a 180 degree turn form PG to something more. You have to let the little ones down slowly.
The_Billionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2011, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

woogieman95 is on a distinguished road

it help pro wrestling
woogieman95 is offline   Reply With Quote