ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What is it about adults liking fake wrestling like the WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2011, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Dwight is on a distinguished road
Default What is it about adults liking fake wrestling like the WWE?

I can understand if your a young kid and liking it ,but once you get older and find out its fake and its a bad soap opera why do you still watch it?
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2011, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jo?o is on a distinguished road

Russia has the Bolshoi Ballet, USA has rigged wrestling.
Jo?o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2011, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

blake is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to blake

Adults just to like wrestling during the attitude era. i doubt they like wrestling now
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2011, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

MayurDX is on a distinguished road

It is more like an action packed series. We still watch it week after week. Even adults play video games and that does'nt mean they're kids.
MayurDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2011, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Hunter WS Jigsaw is on a distinguished road

Maybe you should just shut u

your damn mouth and wrestling is for any sex or age.I would like for a average guy like yourself go thru tough enough and training with Ricky Steamboat but that's only the begining of your so called fake word you use and I guess we could throw you off a 20 foot steel cage thru a table or many other tests you would fail.How would you like to get slaped in the chest by the Big Show with a skillet size hand?lol dumbass you picked the wrong section on the wrong night homo.
Hunter WS Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2011, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

sharpshooter is on a distinguished road

Many reasons. Like you said, its a bad soap opera. Some of us, happen to like bad soap operas. LOL.

The big one, to me, is because watching wrestling can be a family thing. Thats why I don't like TNA as much as WWE, because its not fashioned so kids can watch it. That's just me though. But honestly, I would love it if my kid preferred WWE over the other crap that is on tv. This is in the scenario that I get sick of wrestling. You think watching WWE is unbearable for an adult? Imagine watching Dora the Explorer, or the Wiggles instead of the WWE. Before the attitude era, wrestling was very family oriented, where I would hear stories of grandmas yelling at the tv screen during a match. But just know that I'm talking from the view point of a possible parent adult.

As a single adult that follows pro-wrestling, I can't help but feel obliged to watch it now. Some people can just give it up cold turkey like that, but for me, I witnessed a lot of so call fake history in the WWE, and in a way, I hope it returns to its former glory. I notice a lot of users that complain a lot continue to watch WWE regardlessly, but they are hoping for it to go back. WWE was at its biggest point ever when pro-wrestling was exposed as fake during the attitude era, so the fans know its possible to enjoy it, even if it is fake. But as a long time fan, seeing these guys put their body on the line for the sole purpose of entertainment and seeing the next generation doing it, its like a tradition, and as a fan, I will probably continue to watch it as I grow older. The WWE is known to go through many generations. The current PG era we are in, its not gonna go away that quickly, but eventually, it will change, and I'd hate to miss that moment.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote