ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why the WWE doesn't respect the wrestlers masks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2011, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Masked Luchador is on a distinguished road
Default Why the WWE doesn't respect the wrestlers masks?

When Hunico lost his match against Sin Cara they could have just gave him a new mask but no they have him now as an unmasked wrestler.When the WWE gave some wrestlers from Mexico a try out to being part of the WWE the Wrestlers/Luchadores had to wrestle without their masks that happened when the WWE went to Mexico a few weeks ago another thing is that they also limit the wrestlers arsenal of moves why they do that?
Masked Luchador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2011, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

John Morrison ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

The reason they limit them is because they are trying to keep things special for ppv. They respect the masks if they are originally the wrestlers. They gave Hunico that mask to begin with that's why he didn't object, he probably didn't care. Why have they never removed Mysterio's mask but they shaved Punk's head? If they didn't they would have removed it when Eddie was alive. Don't misinterpret hype for disrespect with WWE or any company for that matter.
John Morrison ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2011, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

APriceless is on a distinguished road

I don't know.
APriceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2011, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Atheist is on a distinguished road

I think they unmask them to give them a new gimmick. Like back in WCW when Mytserio was set to lose his mask, I am sure that was for a new gimmick. I can't remember if that's it or not, been a while since I read the book
Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2011, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

I don't know. WWE sells Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara Masks at many House Shows, Live Events, Television Tapings, Fan Fests, Fan Appreciation Shows and Pay Per Views and at $60 a piece for a full mask and $10 for the partial masks, WWE makes a lot of money. WWE has also been making a lot of money off Sin Cara Masks this year. WWE could have been sellling Sin Cara Blue and Sin Cara Black Masks like crazy. To me, the Masks give WWE something to selll at their concession stands. I don't know why they would be against that. Plus, WWE has been running more and more shows in Mexico, Central America and South America, you would think, WWE would be more respectful of Lucha Libre Tradition and Mexican Culture. Every American Company that has gone into Mexico, Central America and South American Countries and tried to impose American Culture, instead of attempting to adopt to the local cultre, winds up not being successful in those countries.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote