ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Help, my friend is starving himself for wrestling and I don't know what to do!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2011, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Michelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle
Default Help, my friend is starving himself for wrestling and I don't know what to do!?

So my guy friend is starving himself (until wrestling season is over) so he can lose weight to fight in a lower weight category. He wants to lose about 30 pounds but he isn't heavy, so i know if he does, he will be pretty thin. I'm just worried because obviously it's an unhealthy thing to do, especially if you are an athlete. He should work on building muscles and not losing it. I'm very educated on anorexia and the effects it has on your body- how your bmi becomes higher because you lose muscle, etc. I tried to give him the talk about how stupid it is, of course alot of people have and nothing will change his mind. He doesn't eat breakfast or lunch, may have an apple as a snack and a very small dinner. He did this last year too (I didn't know about it) and he says that he gets really cranky and always falls asleep in class. So of course his grades will slip too (college apps in two years!) I was told by another friend of mine that alot of the wrestlers do this. Is it normal then? I was also told that the boys get weighed, then get to eat, then fight. I think they feel it is a trick that they will then weigh more but we all know that eating one meal won't make you gain a significant amount of weight. I was also told that the coach encourages it! I'm just so angry with him right now. And I'm really worried about my friend and don't know what to do. I want to be a good friend to him, just someone who will try to keep him laughing and in good spirits because obviously starving affects your body alot. I have a friend with anorexia, so this is really personal to me and I don't want him feeling the way she feels everyday. At first I thought it was arrogant of him to just say I'm starving myself because people with anorexia struggle in private, but now that I realized how committed he is to losing weight, I'm just worried because I know he will do it. I just wish nothing more than for all the guys to just fight in their normal weight category, what's so bad about that
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2011, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Bingo is on a distinguished road

You should ask this in another section.

People here may know about wrestling, but not much else.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2011, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Wildlife Wrestling Federation is on a distinguished road

:/ i would like to help but i don't know what to say or do ik, you should tell him to if he really wants to loose weight loose it in a healthy way, starving one self is just stupid. He would need the energy when he wrestles too but its best to just keep being healthy unless you at an unhealthy weight you shouldn't try loose it anyway ik i haven't helped or anything but i couldn't read this and not try to help :/
Wildlife Wrestling Federation is offline   Reply With Quote