ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What do you think of TNA wrestling star Kurt Angle today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Goodfella_7 is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think of TNA wrestling star Kurt Angle today?

I admit I don't watch TNA Wrestling as much as WWE, but lately I have been needing a change. Last night I watched a match between Beer Money's Jason Storm and Kurt Angle for Angle's TNA World championship. Storm won the match, but I was watching Angle from the second he stepped down the ramp until the three count. It just wasn't the same person to me. He looked a little less muscular, a little listless almost like he's going through the motions almost. Even his outfit, it wasn't all patriotic as they were when he first came up to sports entertainment.

I remember when he first debut in the WWE and the entire time he was on their roster, he was all fired up and motivated, whether as a face or a heel! That was not the same person I saw last night.

I know he had some real-life problems including losing his wife Karen to Jeff Jarrett. Like I said, I just now started watching TNA Wrestling so I may have missed a lot, but is it just me or does other people notice the same thing with him?

I never considered him going for 2012 Olympic gold. Totally forgot about that, so thumbs up to those who posted that piece of info. That could be a good reason. And dropping the belt to take some time off to heal up and get some rest makes perfect sense.

But the one who posted something about suicide? Uncalled for. Really?! I didn't say the man looks like he wants to off himself. Just wasn't the same person I became a fan of years ago. That comment was uncalled for.
Goodfella_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. Most of us feel this way at one time or another for short periods.

True clinical depression is a mood disorder in which feelings of sadness, loss, anger, or frustration interfere with everyday life for weeks or longer.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

The exact cause of depression is not known. Many researchers believe it is caused by chemical changes in the brain. This may be due to a problem with your genes, or triggered by certain stressful events. More likely, it's a combination of both.

Some types of depression run in families. But depression can also occur if you have no family history of the illness. Anyone can develop depression, even kids.

If your having thoughts of suicide please seek help. For more information call 1800-536-9387

We can talk to you and help you.
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

J???? ??? gu??????? is on a distinguished road

He is slimming down for the Olympics team, for the Olympics and tna you don't have to look muscular to be pushed unlike in the wwe where looks are everything. He want's to try out one more time for another gold, before he get's too old though.

That's one of the reasons he lost so much weight, he's trying to get back into his weight class and training hard.
J???? ??? gu??????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Booker T ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

Well, you can't expect him to be the same after all these years. The fact of the matter is he stills puts on great matches. He may need a break though.
Booker T ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

JohanStulmer is on a distinguished road

Kurt has been nursing a few injuries the last few weeks, and he probably doesn't feel to well - to be champ and have to defend. I have read on the dirt sheets that the title was passe off to Storm so Kurt could have some time off to heal, and a feud could be developed between Storm and Roode. At least the title is in the hands of a TNA original now!
JohanStulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

??? ??????? c???????? is on a distinguished road

I understand your perspective. Kurt used to be more vigilant and aggressive in his matches. He usually cuts promos from any place and he knows how to get the crowd going. But still, Kurt Angle revolutionized the wrestling world by taking his amateur background to the pro level. He became the #1 Olympic Champion in WWE/TNA and he showed that anyone could have a chance to aim big.

I think due to his heel tenure, he is becoming soft and less vigil. I expect to see something prodigious from him soon.
??? ??????? c???????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

AWESOME KONG is on a distinguished road

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
AWESOME KONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

Kurt will now take time off to rehab the thigh and hamstring injuries that you noticed last night and continue preparing for The Olympic Trial and The 2012 Summer Olympics in London, England next summer. I think that is Kurt's Main Focus. Kurt Angle has won everything that there is to win in Amateur Wrestling, won all The Major Titles in WWE and TNA and was also The IWGP 3 World Heavyweight Champion in Japan. Kurt wants to win an Olympic Medal, 16 years after he won The Olympic Gold Medal in Free-Style Wrestling at 211lbs in Atlanta, Georgia in 1996.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

RazorRamon ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

Damn I had no idea Angle was having it that bad...and Jeff Jarret of all?
RazorRamon ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Clark W-Shephard LOST is on a distinguished road

He's a diminished star, no doubt, but over time that happens to just about every professional athlete. Aging will do that to anyone. Athletically, I doubt even the most die-hard Angle fans would say he hasn't lost a step or three athletically, but that's too be expected. No matter how great Angle is (and he is), he's not a young man anymore, and as his very well-documented neck and back injuries will attest, his body just isn't capable of performing in the same way anymore.

Now, all that being said, Angle is still a tremendous wrestler, and he's still better and more entertaining to watch than most. Love him or hate him, I think that anyone who watches him on a regular basis and is aware of his checkered injury history can see the courage he has every night. When most wrestlers sustain the kinds of injuries that Angle has, they don't take the big bumps anymore and they tone down their move-sets significantly. Angle hasn't done that. He still goes out there every night and puts on the best possible show he can. He still gives the fans the best that he has. There's honor in that. He takes much more of a risk than most every time he steps into that ring, and he never backs down.

As an overall performer, I think there is some merit in the comment that Angle has lost some of his energy, but he's still a ton of fun to watch. He's still one of the best heels in the business and he can still be an excellent good guy when he needs to be. Even today, he can still put on a good match with just about anyone. He's still a fantastic talker. He still has that awesome Angle-charisma. He can still fire the audience up with the best of them. He's still one of the biggest stars in wrestling.

Do I miss him being able to rip it up like one of the best of all time? Of course, but I understand that the injuries and the passage of time have taken their tolls, and I'm just glad to be able to watch Angle for as long as he wants to perform for us. He's one of the greats.
Clark W-Shephard LOST is offline   Reply With Quote