ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

So what does this mean for Dixie Carter? One of the main owners of TNA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2011, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

J???? ??? gu??????? is on a distinguished road
Default So what does this mean for Dixie Carter? One of the main owners of TNA?

-- Spike TV officials have reportedly lost a lot of faith in Dixie Carter after she pushed them on the way they were doing the angle to get The Main Event Mafia back together last year. TNA spent months of building the angle with Dixie telling Spike that she had Kevin Nash and Booker T locked in. Booker and Nash both ended up in WWE, which led to no Main Event Mafia and the Fortune babyface turn on Immortal, ending up with a feud that went nowhere for the most part. Related to this, Eric Bischoff has more power in TNA these days because Spike TV is working directly through him.

-----------------------

I myself find it somewhat ironic Eric would be on good terms with spike due to his experience with networks throughout his career. Especially turner, when wCw was around.

What do you make of this? Will it be better or worse for TNA?

Sources:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headli...eHall_Tren.php
J???? ??? gu??????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2011, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Marcus Day Is ?HE PHENOM is on a distinguished road

Maybe Worst
Marcus Day Is ?HE PHENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2011, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

P. Rivera is on a distinguished road

I really dont know, but I wish TNA would get the right people behind it because thats the only alternative to WWE has right now. They need to stop bringing in guys from WWE and start making their own stars. and it has Sting who is one of my favorites
P. Rivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2011, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (4tune Seeker) is on a distinguished road

What's your source on this? I'm not going to deny the fact that I've heard that TNA's not in Spike's good graces lately, but I honestly doubt they're listening more to Bischoff than Dixie. From what I heard from a reputable source (Pro Wrestling Report's David Herro), Spike's had a bit of a managerial shakeup and are planning to reformat the network since they lost one of their biggest cash cows (UFC) to Fox (Source; Dana White on the OA Show). TNA, which has had a strong relationship with Spike for about 6 years now, really isn't suited for their new demographic, which means TNA could very well end up dropped from Spike TV.

However, from a ratings standpoint, there should be no reason whatsoever why Spike would be concerned or meddling with TNA's product, nor do I think they'd go through Bischoff, whose little more than an on-air talent and MAYBE an unofficial consultant. He really doesn't have a horse in TNA's race for the top. It's true that he's big in producing television, but he has no officious hat in TNA as far as I know. Contrary to popular belief, Hulk and Eric really hold no power, outside of what Dixie gives them. While true they have political sway for being such big stars, technically they have no backstage position in the company. That's why I'm interested in your sources.
Candle (4tune Seeker) is offline   Reply With Quote