ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why is the WWE called wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2011, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Levito W is on a distinguished road
Default Why is the WWE called wrestling?

The WWE is not even close to wrestling, except maybe the pin. I'm not trying to criticize WWE here, I just want make a point and hear other's opinions. I think it's a disgrace and an insult to REAL wrestlers for this pre-determined entertainment to be considered wrestling. It's like if they made a dramatic pre-determined fighting show with random steel chairs like WWE and they called it Martial Arts, the martial art fans would be offended and insulted. In my opinion, it really ruins the integrity and popularity of REAL WRESTLING. And sure, real wrestling may be boring to watch but that's only because you don't know the sport.
Levito W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Myster_E is on a distinguished road

Why do you asked dumb question?
Myster_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Juan Soto is on a distinguished road

Because you're a 13itch
Juan Soto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

???????? The Random?? ???????? is on a distinguished road

Actually they get offended if you call them a wrestling company, because they make movies and stuff like that.
???????? The Random?? ???????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

jeff_hardys_biggest_fan!!! is on a distinguished road

Because it's WWE, it;s for entertainment more than anything. If I wanted to just watch plain old wrestling I watched all those other independent circuits with no storylines but that would be boring to me. I like entertainment, I watch TV for entertainment I watch wrestling for entertainment, did you forget that WWE stands for world wrestling entertainment? Of was your head so far up your @ss you couldn't see anything? Yeah I thought so. If you don't like something, fine that's cool for you but don't complain or dictate to the people who do like it. It's rude and annoying and we heard it all before, don't like it don't watch it and don't go on sites and forums that are about it. Simple as that.
jeff_hardys_biggest_fan!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Dass is on a distinguished road

A) What the hell would you call it?

B) Why don't you bring this up with Kurt Angle?
Dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Luis899 is on a distinguished road

WWE is pro wrestling dumbass, and if you are talking about real wrestling then I guess your are referring to Amature/Highschool wrestling
Luis899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

craig_serithor is on a distinguished road

they dont want to be known as just wrestling, they want to be known as a variety entertainment show that ventures into different projects such as movies, music, gaming, tv, charity work, media and other things.

of course wrestling will always be at the core of wwe, i disagree with its a disgrace to the wrestlers though as they have a chance of doing different projects which i feel would be refreshing than just wrestling every night.

wrestling like mma is a business, its all a work and its very clever how they run it. dana white as jim cornette has said many times before has taken the wrestling business and made something of his own which is very popular among many people.
craig_serithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Christen is on a distinguished road

because WWE stands for world WRESTLING entertainment WWE is PRO WRESTLING real wrestling would be consider high school/amateur wrestling TNA, WWE, ROH are PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING if you don't like WWE here is a simple solution DONT WATCH IT and stop asking stupid questions
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

sxy H is on a distinguished road

its still wrestling nonetheless, dont say anything I was in wrestling half my life competed in many events won a few local tournaments so I know about wrestling as for the Wwe wrestling I would say that it is still wrestling what they do with the moves they perform and whatnot. An insult? really? its not insulting me or my buddies who were also on the wrestling team so speak for yourself don't come on here and ask such dumb question when obviously it is you who knows nothing of the sport
sxy H is offline   Reply With Quote