ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is WWE bad to it's wrestlers 10 points?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Oct 2011, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Elijah Williams is on a distinguished road
Default Is WWE bad to it's wrestlers 10 points?

I've been reading, and it's got me thinking about it. I mean it seems like, unless you're one of the top people, you get treated like crap. Such as Divas who don't do playboy shoots, or seem a little bigger are usually targeted, even if they have great work ethics etc. People who come to the WWE that were already huge stars elsewhere seem like they just job to everyone. I mean has anyone else noticed this, and if so may I have some feedback? I mean does the WWE only treat the people who it likes well, or what?
Elijah Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2011, 12:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

James ??? gu??????? is on a distinguished road

I've been wondering the same thing for quite awhile here's two videos that might help you come to a decision:

Sting on the WWE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE

Goldberg on the WWE and vince:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVFbmqxT9jU

I think there are some people in the wwe who actually are treated well, but others are treated badly, for example Melina and Morrison now. I guess it''s all about who you are.
James ??? gu??????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2011, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Sameer is on a distinguished road

its not the wwes falt that mark henrey changed his arttitude n now is targeting people like kane, big show, n the great kali
Sameer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2011, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Allstars is on a distinguished road

that is how the corporate world works,in every industry the people who are liked are the people who get an raise,an promotion etc... That is how the world works
Allstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2011, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

TheBooth is on a distinguished road

Let me put it this way, the higher up the ladder you are the nicer WWE treats you. For example John Cena could walk up to Vince McMahon and spit on his boots and Vince would simply have someone else wipe it off. Nothing would happen to Cena because he's the WWE's biggest star. However, a lower card talent would be sent home or fired.

WWE talents are over worked and the majority of them 85% are under paid. See a big misconception with the WWE is that they pay all their talent really well. The truth is that only the top 1% of the company makes 1 million dollars or more a year.

See what fans dont know is that after WWE bought WCW they became The only game in town This allowed the WWE to set the market for talent. No longer were the days were talent could create a bidding war between WWE and WCW. The days of the FAT contracts were OVER after WWE bought WCW.

Over the next 5 years the WWE released, resigned or restructered all of their talents contracts to the WWE's liking. Guys who used to make 1,000 per show are making 300 per show now and so on.

A perfect example...RVD was only making a little over $600 per show while working for the WWE. Now keep in mind that WWE talents have to pay their own Hotel, travel and food costs and health insurance, They also have to pay their bills and some even support their families. The WWE does provide travel, hotel and food when the company goes over seas, and they also provide food for TV tapings but not house shows.

The fact is after all their expences WWE talents arent paid that well if they arent main eventers. It's not like it was in the 90's.

TNA pays their talent per show just like WWE but the difference isnt in pay per show. It's in the amount of shows worked. WWE runs over 330 shows a year and sometimes two shows a day. TNA runs 200 shows a year.

Now WWE does have a wellness program which helps.

TNA doesnt have a wellness program but they do have a doctor on staff at the shows and they also give their talent a rotation.

The biggest difference between TNA and WWE is that WWE pushes all the talent to work 330 days a year. If they dont in most cases they get punished or get jobbed.

In TNA they believe in work rest. They believe talent are less likely to use drugs, drink and get injured if they are given more time off to spend with their family. So TNA has talent work a week or two and then they get a week or two off. They do not punish you if you cant work ALL the house shows. They promote healthy body, mind and family. TNA also encourages talent to bring their family to the TV tapings at Universal so that talent and there family can enjoy Universal studios theme park for free.
TheBooth is offline   Reply With Quote