ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

For the right price, do you believe the UFC president would let Lesner wrestle one more match?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2011, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Bill Nye is on a distinguished road
Default For the right price, do you believe the UFC president would let Lesner wrestle one more match?

Vince had a problem getting Floyd maywether to fight at Wrestlemania. So he offered him 20 million dollars. With that in mind, do you think UFC president Dana White would allow Brock Lesner to fight at wrestlemania if Vince paid him and brock alot of money?

I know White said Brock will never wrestle for WWE while under a UFC contarct, but one match wouldnt hurt.
Bill Nye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2011, 12:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

terry v is on a distinguished road

I imagine he could but why include White?Wait until his UFC days are done and then go to WWE
terry v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2011, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Clark W-Shephard LOST is on a distinguished road

Absolutely. No matter what business you're in, money talks. However, at the same time, if I was Dana White and Vince approached me in regards to allowing Brock Lesnar that one more match in the WWE, some sort of cross-promotional deal would probably be much more valuable for the WWE than a straight cash deal, even for dizzying figures like the money Floyd Mayweather received.

Think about it. At least in a general sense, the WWE and UFC target a similar demographic. A lot of wrestling fans also really like mixed-martial-arts, and I'm sure the same applies to a lot of MMA fans as well.

If I was Dana White, I'd want to increase the exposure of UFC as much as possible. Sure, money is always great, but the UFC is already swimming in cash. They completely dominate the North American combat sports market, and their pay-per-views draw in incredible numbers. Quite frankly, they blow professional wrestling out of the water in the North American PPV market.

But you can always do better, and appealing directly, on WWE programming, to the core WWE audience would be very enticing to the UFC leadership. Having Brock Lesnar, perhaps the largest draw in the entire UFC right now, make a major splash back to the WWE would be hugely beneficial to everyone involved. And if he was imported in as the former UFC Heavyweight Champion of the world, all the better. Think about the publicity that would draw, especially if it occurred at Wrestlemania (and really, could a main event of that magnitude really happen anywhere but Wrestlemania?). The mainstream media, which typically ignores the WWE and still treats the UFC, despite their wild popularity, as a secondary niche sport, would go crazy. The fact that it is Brock Lesnar only builds on that.

Promoted correctly with cooperation between both organization, that could easily be the biggest match in WWE history.
Clark W-Shephard LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2011, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Big Show ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

nWo
Big Show ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2011, 12:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

the ghost is on a distinguished road

yes
the ghost is offline   Reply With Quote