ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Michael Cole does a good job, agreed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Harry is on a distinguished road
Default Michael Cole does a good job, agreed?

He makes you hate him more than anyone else in the business, not only that he shows up and commentates for SmackDown and Raw and hardly ever misses a day. Think how much he loves the business, he hardly ever gets to see his family/friends. He is a good sport aswell, like when he competed against Ryder and his Wrestlemania match. If you actually listen he is an excellent commentator aswell. He is a very clever man. Looking past the heel side of him, what do you think?
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Sting ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

Thats funny I agree
Sting ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Zara-mae Rose is on a distinguished road

He can be quite funny and weird yet I still hate him. Very good actor aswell. The thing that I like about him is that WWE has made him very wimpy and I laugh when Mark Henry or some other wrestler comes to beat him up and he just runs away lol XD
Zara-mae Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (4tune Seeker) is on a distinguished road

I'm not one to give Cole credit for garnering heat because the truth of the matter is he's had it throughout his career. Prior to his heel turn I've never seen Cole on a top 5 commentator list, nor have I ever regarded him as good at his job. He's been in the business for over 15 years as a play-by-play guy and he still doesn't know the name of half of the basic moves. I bring it up every time a question like this pops up, but Josh Matthews, whose by far a better play-by-play guy, had to tell Cole what shooting the half meant this summer. Really? I mean, c'mon! That's first day stuff!

I refuse to give him credit on his work ethic either. I can sit behind a desk for 8 nights a month and be annoying. It's not hard. He's not clever, he's not funny, and he's not entertaining. Bobby Heenan was a good heel commentator, Jerry Lawler was a great heel commentator, Jesse Ventura was an awesome heel commentator. Michael Cole doesn't deserve to lick the scum off of their boots, and it saddens me that what he does as a heel commentator passes as good to anyone.
Candle (4tune Seeker) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Roxi W is on a distinguished road

I'm a cole miner Sir Michael Cole is a great heel and fk'n hilarious xD
Roxi W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Dass is on a distinguished road

Disagree. He's NOT an excellent commentator, he's godawful. And there's a few different types of hate. In my opinion, the GOOD kind of heel hate is playful booing, not taking it too seriously. The BAD kind, also the kind Cole gets, is the kind where everyone legitimately wants you to go away because you're so goddamn annoying.
Dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

Cold Hard Facts ?Rainstorm?? is on a distinguished road

I really agree. He is really funny and is surprisingly one of the best heels in the business right now.

Great commentator and unappreciated. Look how many people hate him. That's how you can tell.

He gets heat everywhere just like Vickie Guerrero. Very charismatic and can be serious at times.

If Michael Cole was gone, imagine how bland the commentator team would be (excluding booker t)
Cold Hard Facts ?Rainstorm?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Jeremiah is on a distinguished road

I'm a Cole Miner so yes
Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Atheist is on a distinguished road

He's good at getting heat and could be a good commentator if he wasn't often getting facts wrong. He once that Sheamus was 6,2!
Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Mr Sinister is on a distinguished road

oooooooohh heeeeeeellllllllll yessssssss
Mr Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kai
Jobber

Kai is on a distinguished road

Heel persona aside, he rants and raves and doesn't actually talk much about what is actually happening in the ring at the time. I don't actually listen anymore because if I actually listen, my head starts to hurt. I don't hate him because he's a heel. I happen to enjoy many heels. I don't feel he makes us hate him with his clever ways- he gets cheap heat, and it kind of annoys me that people think he's this master heel. I honestly can't see where the Cole fans are coming from.
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 09:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?DMA? is on a distinguished road

i used to hate michael cole, but he has grown on me, he really is funny sometimes
?DMA? is offline   Reply With Quote