ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is TNA selling Hogan vs Sting short?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Oct 2011, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Lois Griffin is on a distinguished road
Default Is TNA selling Hogan vs Sting short?

It was supposed to be the main event, The biggest name in Sports Entertainment, after 8 back surgeries, withstanding the power of the scorpion death lock....and having a classic wrestling match with the traditional black-and-white Sting....where he Hulks up and runs wild on Sting.

Instead, they give us a Joker Sting..........not a wrestling match but a fist-fight (sound as lame as the Piper v. Bagwell boxing match).........it's not even the main event (they said Kurt Angle vs Bobby Roode is). and they seem to be setting up Sting to defeat Hogan.
Lois Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2011, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?????????? is on a distinguished road

There's a reason why the hogan vs sting match isn't the main event and everyone should know why
?????????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2011, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Young Earth Creationist is on a distinguished road

I have only been watching TNA for 2 weeks but if Sting beats Hogan at Bound for Glory and Dixie gets the company back i have a feeling TNA will go back to what it was like when they had the 6-sided ring. Don't laugh at me if that's totally wrong becauuse I have just started watching it
Young Earth Creationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2011, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (4tune Seeker) is on a distinguished road

There's no way to sell this match big. Hogan's definitely past his prime and has said he doesn't even plan on bumping in this match. Sting, while capable in the ring against younger ring generals, isn't going to be able to do anything to make this performance watchable.

Throwing as much gimmick at this as possible is a smart move. Maybe Sting's wacky antics and the STREET fight rules will be enough to make this thing watchable.
Candle (4tune Seeker) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2011, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Fish

No they are actually selling this right.

I think you misunderstand what type of match it is going to be. This match is being billed more as a fight than a wrestling match in order to hide Hogan's inability to work a proper match. This is exactly the same reason reason why Triple H vs Undertaker was a 'No holds Barred' match at Wrestlemania 27 this year, because Taker was physically unable to work a 'regular' 1 on 1 match.

Hogan vs Sting will not be main event quality, but both are experienced enough, I expect, to bring what is required and put on a match that suitably puts this feud to rest.

I'm glad Roode vs Angle will be last, because this could be a very impressive match and it says a lot about there intentions for Roode by putting him in the main event at TNA's biggest show. Putting Roode vs Angle in the Last match i think shows they are potentially going to wean themselves of their reliance on old established names start making some new names.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2011, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

?Cena Cenation? is on a distinguished road

Maybe,check impactwrestling.com
?Cena Cenation? is offline   Reply With Quote