ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do wrestling fans get upset when their favorite superstar loses when it's scripted?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Beer Farts is on a distinguished road
Default Why do wrestling fans get upset when their favorite superstar loses when it's scripted?

It's scripted, folks! Wrestling fans act like they don't know (or choose to ignore) the fact that the outcome is predetermined.

I stopped watching wrestling when I found out it was scripted. I stick to boxing because the outcome is real (Yes, I know boxing can be corrupt at times, but it's rare). I don't watch the UFC because that's trailer park white trash and I refuse to believe it's a real sport.

OK, back to wrestling. Why do fans get upset when their favorite wrestler loses and act like it's a legit loss?
Beer Farts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Alicia Fox is on a distinguished road

HUMOR ? Believe me, I know this will amuse some of you, and piss off those who believe they know it all about wrestling and feel they should be writing the scripts.

There is a reason why some people write and others criticize.

Some of the stuff on WWE television I do not like, but honestly, there was stuff during the Attitude Era, Golden Era, and Next Generation Era I despised, but I take the good with the bad.

I get upset when my favorite sports team does a stupid play or drafts a certain player, but unless my paycheck is signed by the team, then I can only sit back and complain.

But I know, there is a reason I am in my career and those guys are in their career.

This is a sarcastic look at what happens when the Internet Wrestling Community takes over WWE.

I do not claim to be a part of the IWC or claim to be the most talented writer or the most knowing of all the wrestling writers.

I just try and call them the way I see them. I do not try and come across to any reader as an over educated wrestling genius by throwing out industry terms, acting like I am an insider.
Alicia Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Khamri is on a distinguished road

We know it's scripted but not everyone knows who'll win, sometimes its predictable but sometimes its not. People just want there favorite superstars to win so dont freak about it :P
Khamri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

TIRED OF THE BS is on a distinguished road

Just like when the black guy dies first in movies i get upset
TIRED OF THE BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

RazorRamon ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

There's a 1 in 1 chance that you have moobs
RazorRamon ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Matt the Troll Hunting Arsonist is on a distinguished road

Not everybody gets pissed when their favorite superstar loses. Don't group us all together and stop generalizing.

*starts fire*
Matt the Troll Hunting Arsonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Mark is on a distinguished road

It is all scripted, But it's the same for movies, when the favortie character in the movie gets hurt or dies people cry and get upset. I could see little kids watchin wrestling but I also know alot of adults that watch that crap too.I guess good acting can make people think those things are real . I quit watching wrestling when I found out it was fake too.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Veteran_s Day is on a distinguished road

Because the talent of our favorite wrestler is getting overlooked by having one with lesser talent pin him/her. Ex: Kelly constantly winning over Beth Phoenix, Randy Orton beating Christian time and time again.
Veteran_s Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 09:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Hide Ur Kids Hide Ur Wife is on a distinguished road

Do I give a sh*t what you use to watch and what you watch now?

Thanks for the 2 points dumb@ss.
Hide Ur Kids Hide Ur Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 09:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

Since it is scripted it doesn't matter if a wrestler wins or loses. They have no control over that. What matters is how they perform in the ring.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 09:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

Just because a Wrestling Match is scripted doesn't mean you are happy with the result. Are you happy with how every movie you have ever watched has ended? I'm sure there were endings to movies that you did not like. Were you happy with how every Comedy, Drama or Action Television Show that you watch ended? I'm certain that you could have thought up alternate endings for any of the hundreds or thousands of television shows that you may have watched in your life time. You don't have to like the way a wrestling match has ended anymore than you like the ending of a Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball, Tennis, Auto Race, Golf Tournament or anything else you watched. Based on your premise, we should be satisfied with the result, even if we disagree with it.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2011, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Just another Yahoo answerer is on a distinguished road

I don't mind the losing .. It's the way they lost .. Like a typical Yawn Cena match .. My favorite just beats the holy crap out of Yawn Cena, then all it takes, is the favorite to trip on his boot lace, and the match is all over with three moves or fewer .. Like if the beat down was all for nothing ..

Boxing is choreographed..
Just another Yahoo answerer is offline   Reply With Quote