ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Agree or Disagree: WWE should Stay Away from Real fighting/wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default Agree or Disagree: WWE should Stay Away from Real fighting/wrestling?

Such as: They shouldn't incorporate real wrestling/fighting/MMA moves into their moveset, such as specific submissions, such as gogoplata, better known to wrestling fans as Hell's Gates, or they should stay away from moves that represent knockout blows (such as a knee to face, etc)?

Or, do you think they should so wrestlers can have broader movesets?

(I say WWE in particular because they're recognised as the lesser of a wrestling company compared to others).

Where did I say that I actually agreed?

What makes this a good question is the fact that what I said won't influence you, and the topic given is up for debate. I gave an example of categories of moves that they wouldn't be allowed to use if one were to agree, like John Cena Fan 4 Eva does.

But, if you disagree (like I do) then a reason could be because they'd have very little moves to perform.
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

John cena Fan 4 Ever is on a distinguished road

dude this question is so stupid why do you make these reta/rded questions you fa/g. and i did'nt forget about you when you said i tried to pose like a 6 year old in the summer. yeah bit/ch i did'nt forget about you. your the 1 who poses like a 6 year old. and im way more mature than you are get a life bit/ch. im 18 years old who's always gonna be a john cena fan. so get a life you retar/ded bit/ch. this question is dumb including you.
John cena Fan 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

melBURN! is on a distinguished road

Well, what moves would they be able to perform then?
melBURN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Taylormeister is on a distinguished road

you should stay away from questions man I don't agree with what you are saying at all
Taylormeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

RazorRamon ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

It depends on the risk. Pro-wrestling is scripted, so maybe they could adapt it.
RazorRamon ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Wildlife Wrestling Federation is on a distinguished road

i agree with RaZorRamon ??? W???? ?????, I don't see anything wrong with incorporating moves from other fighting styles as long as they don't risk injury, i think its good to mix in the ring to keep things interesting.
Wildlife Wrestling Federation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2011, 01:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Ric F is on a distinguished road

Disagree everyone says it is fake anyway so they might as well. No, Regal expertly does the knee trembler and it can be played off as a wrestling maneuver along with Hell's Gate. The moveset can only hurt WWF if it is limited so adding more moves to the repetoire can only help them. Why would you want to see everyone use the same moves when guys can perfect certain moves to more of a specialty. Well, WWF tries to make sure they aren't labeled a wrestling company, but that is just too gay for meh.

word to the wise
Ric F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2011, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Superior Quality 85? (PTSF) is on a distinguished road

Reason why WWE can't incorporate 'real' wrestling is because they don't know how to book it, all WWE does is storytelling so the wrestling itself is a secondary motion as to how they portray the match itself

John Cena vs. CM Punk at this year's MITB - 5 stars, Meltzer gave it 5 stars - overall reasoning behind this, story sold it and the wrestling itself was fantastic but not a lot of 'real' wrestling was incorporated into the match, you only saw the basics being worked as hell, it was dragged out but WWE do know how to up the tensity, the dramatic dragged out stuff, real basic wrestling worked for WWE in that match because that built up the story

However what RoH does is produce the best wrestling in with a good story, for example, Steen vs. Generico from Final Battle 2010 - the best wrestling, perfect spots and a good overall story. WWE can't put themselves into a position where the wrestling outshines the overall story, that's not WWE. RoH can do it, it puts them over, WWE's storytelling is good, no doubt about it, but that annoys actual professional wrestling fans because I see the top stars and yet they are a downed version of themself and the company limits them to what they can do. Hence why you would never see Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards in the WWE because they are actual real professional wrestlers who WANT their wrestling to be how people see them.
Superior Quality 85? (PTSF) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2011, 01:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Straight ?dge eniGma is on a distinguished road

No, I think it's good when they incorporate those things, I love submissions and when they are brought into wrestling it adds more excitement and realism. I don't see why they would need to stop that, nothing bad comes from it, only good in my eyes.
Straight ?dge eniGma is offline   Reply With Quote