ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Agree or Disagree: The United States and the Intercontinental Championships should

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2011, 06:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?prínc? ?ccur? ?f d-g?n?r?tí?n? is on a distinguished road
Default Agree or Disagree: The United States and the Intercontinental Championships should

become more relevant? I mean people are aiming only on the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships. I mean the US and Intercontinental Championships used to be more valuable and prestigious. The IC Championship had been held by great superstars: Ricky Steamboat, The Rock, Stone Cold, Chris Jericho, Sting, Ric Flair etc and the US Championship had been held by: Bret Hart, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Edge, Eddie Guerrero etc. What do you think?
?prínc? ?ccur? ?f d-g?n?r?tí?n? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 06:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Senor Booker is on a distinguished road

Srongly agree those titles use to mean something. now their just given and not really impressive as they were before. But, that may be because those titles don't get storylines and just exhibition matches.
Senor Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

??? W???? ????? DESTROYER is on a distinguished road

Agree
??? W???? ????? DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 06:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Alicia Fox is on a distinguished road

Yes. Those championships are what you call REAL championships. The WWE championship and the World Heavyweight are too popular and just for John Cena and Randy Orton. By the way, I really like you as a user, this is the first time I saw you ask a question!
Alicia Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 06:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

CM Punk is on a distinguished road

Because WWE is setting with the fact that WWE and WHC is more legendary and proficient or popular.
CM Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Pook ?? Jays Finish 81-81 is on a distinguished road

Agree. At one point the Mid-Card titles meant something and you'd be seeing epic feuds for the title, but now holding that title is as irrelevant as holding the Divas title really. WWE needs to try hard to get both titles back to what they once were and making it a title for wrestlers who are future main eventers and ready to break through the main event scene but a US or IC title reign would confirm if their ready or not.

If I were to compare the two now I'd have to say the IC title is more relevant than the US title because you have Rhodes who's ready to go in the main event just holding on to the title just to get more over and thats what he needs in order to become a World Heavyweight Champion.

But Like I said both belts are needed in the WWE right now. There's a huge and a very talented mid-card and they need something to fued over and to aspire to. If there was only 1 mid-card belt there would be so many people doing absolutely nothing. So WWE needs to make the titles relevant or we'll see the mid-carders doing nothing at all.
Pook ?? Jays Finish 81-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Demiz is on a distinguished road

I agree with you. Those championships used to be more complex and extraordinary, but now they are useless.
Demiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Shwamus is Awesome is on a distinguished road

Hi.

I think the WWE Championship and World heavyweight championship are better. the us and intercontinental championships are held by losers with no self-esteem like ziggler and rhodes.
Shwamus is Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Hunter clemson is on a distinguished road

I 100% agree with this question and I think the money in the bank winers should be allowed to go after the IC if they want because imo the IC is WAY more important to have because of the history of it plus it looks WAY better than that Wal-Mart toy looking WWE championship.

Agree x 10 IC or U.S.C
Hunter clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Helena Edusei is on a distinguished road

Agreed.
Helena Edusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

?Cena Cenation? is on a distinguished road

Agree !!!!!
?Cena Cenation? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Young Noob

Guys With Guns is on a distinguished road

They have been irrelevant since the Attitude era when storylines and shock value overtook what the value of the championship meant. Its not hard to make them more relevant - just give them to people who can put on great matches (already done) and make them have meaningful feuds, relevant to the title.
Guys With Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Anaconda Vise is on a distinguished road

I agree. IMO the Florida Heavyweight Championship is more intriguing than the Intercontinental and US Championships and FCW is the minor league for WWE.
Anaconda Vise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

woogieman95 is on a distinguished road

agree
woogieman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?r???ur? ?? ?h? ?ďgh?? is on a distinguished road

I agree. Both of these WWE titles are no longer highly touted, and I don't understand why. WWE has done an awful job with mid-card talent, and done an awful job at keeping these titles admirable. It deeply concerns me on the the future of these titles, because I really love the mid-card level, and the Intercontinental Championship, along with the United States Championship.

It wasn't too long ago that Chris Jericho was holding the title for a record 9TH time. Now we barely see these titles defended at pay-per views, in a match that actually is anticipated. Not some announce at the event, work for 8 minutes, and champion retains match. But a good, clean, anticipated main event caliber match.

The Creative team as a whole need to sit down, and re-group the futures of these titles. I don't want to see the same thing happen to the Intercontinental, and United States Championships, that happened to the Cruiser Weight Championship, the Hardcore Championship, and the Women's Championship.

I am sure Pat Patterson has taken exceptional notice to the title's decrease in power. It wasn't too, too long ago, Shawn Michaels faced Razor Ramon for the IC Title in the first ever ladder match.

Anyway, I am appalled at the atrociousness the WWE has done to the Intercontinental Championship, and the United States Championship. So I agree.
?r???ur? ?? ?h? ?ďgh?? is offline   Reply With Quote