ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Will TNA ever compete with WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2011, 12:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Matthew Ephrem is on a distinguished road
Default Will TNA ever compete with WWE?

Do you think it's possible..? I think with Hogan flair and sting around there's no way but let me know what they need!
Matthew Ephrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Harry is on a distinguished road

no

u are saying that will hornswoggle will ever compete with undertaker

wwe is a great company
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Erin_ is on a distinguished road

I don't think so. Quite a few WWE wrestlers came to TNA to wrestle, such as Jeff Hardy, Mickie James, ....

I heard someone on twitter said Vince will buy TNA and join together with WWE, I'm not sure if it true or not.

Noone can actually answer this question, only the owner of the company can. Because they are the one who will be deciding.

- And please answer my question here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9060236AAzdYRy

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9062909AAKf149

Thanks
Erin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

tashawn is on a distinguished road

No i dont think so but that would be awesome though i would like 2 see randy ortan fight sting and john cena fight hulk hogan BUT WWE WILL KILL IMPACT ALL DAY EVERY DAY
tashawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

ThisChickNotBadd is on a distinguished road

TNA will f*CKING rise, i promise you, more and more people are being exposed to iMPACT and are choosing tna over wwe so yeah, it will...one day it will
ThisChickNotBadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Carp Enter is on a distinguished road

I dont know if theres enough TV for TNA and all the WWE programs
Carp Enter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

TIRED OF THE BS is on a distinguished road

Well I don't watch tna but I dnt thnk tna could never complete with wwe they are not ready until they become as popular as the wwe then maybe in 10 years they tried it once but they didn't succeed they need time to grow and when that happens I would watch both shows on the same night.
TIRED OF THE BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (4tune Seeker) is on a distinguished road

It's possible, but it'd take a lot of work. First and foremost let me start off by saying that in order for TNA to get a broader audience, they WILL need names like Hogan, Flair, and Sting there in some capacity. That's not to say that they should be wrestling, but the fact remains that those are three of the biggest names in wrestling and have been for 30 years. They're also the top three that can claim that they're self-made and not just some Vince McMahon byproduct, so they are a bit essential to TNA's identity if they ever want to stand out as a promotion against the mold. Again, I'm not saying they should all wrestler or hold titles, but they are draws to the casual fan whether you like it or not. Also, Hogan's all over television. Put a TNA shirt on him and send him on his way to deal with Pierce Morgan, Midgets, and Rent A Center. That's called free advertisement.

Second, TNA needs to decide whose running the company, what direction they're going in, and what their identity will be from hereon out. I've been watching since the Asylum weekly PPV days and I can tell you that TNA's got a major identity crisis. It can't decide whether it wants to be the future, the past, a new idea or a formulaic rip off of other promotions. I'm not saying they steal from anyone, I'm just saying that their business model has resembled quite a few other global and national companies, and two of them are out of business, so it's not a good design. TNA needs to make it's own mark, and the first step to that is finding it's backstage voice. From what former talents say, they don't know whose boss around there because they have at least 3 people over them telling them what to do, and the instructions are all different. Decide whose in charge and then identity will follow.

The other thing they need to do is expand their market by broadcasting advertisements on channels other than Spike TV. People watching already know TNA exists, so the fanbase isn't going to expand if you isolate your advertisements to the one channel you're on. A few years ago they were offered a deal with Fox, which would've placed them on FX and given them multiple affiliates to advertise through in the Fox family. They stayed with their niche though and I don't think they've grown since. They also need to get out of Orlando. The crowd there is stilted and dead and rarely offers any kind of reaction for the show that's positive. They went to Alabama on a short tour earlier this month and you could tell the difference. Start touring, selling tickets, and quit being a parasite to the Universal Studios lot.
Candle (4tune Seeker) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Taro is on a distinguished road

no
Taro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Dyslexic Brain is on a distinguished road

It's possible but it won't happen
The Dyslexic Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
gp
Fresh Noob

gp is on a distinguished road

why did everyone forget that they once moved to mondays to compete with raw and got really badly humiliated.

en.wikipedia.org
gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 01:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tortured Soul is on a distinguished road

TNA can't even beat smackdown in ratings , forget about raw . My opinion , they are out business by late 2012 - early 2013
Tortured Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 02:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Fish

They may never be shoulder to shoulder with WWE, because WWE has go 30, 40, 50 years behind them and only a dreadfully stupid business decision will see them go out of business, but that doesn't mean TNA can never compete with them. That's like saying because Usain Bolt wins every race no one else can compete with him and beat him. Someone will eventually beat him in a big race.

What needs to be done is a focus on youth and new faces, old school household names have played there part to get TNA where it is, but now the focus needs to be on promoting new names, personally I think TNA have missed a trick for a while because while WWE have continuously put the WWE title on John Cena, which many have found tiresome, TNA put it on old school names like Angle and Sting instead of thinking: WWE are boring there fans with another Cena title run lets put or belt on a new name and give him a decent run.

As for as TNA is concerned 'Out with the old and in with the new' has never been so aped, but until they do that they will never get anywhere near.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 02:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

woogieman95 is on a distinguished road

no
woogieman95 is offline   Reply With Quote