ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

hey guys I thought about it and their is one reason john cena can never beat the 16 times record?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2011, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

gotta spear em all is on a distinguished road
Default hey guys I thought about it and their is one reason john cena can never beat the 16 times record?

Ric Flair's record of (officially) 16 World Titles will never be broken because there are no more real world titles anymore. If we eliminate the two WWE company Titles he still has 14 World Titles to his credit. Flair traveled the world defending those championships against a wide variety of wrestlers. No WWE world champion does that. WWE champs are just company champions. Ric Flair was a WORLD CHAMPION. Cena, Orton, etc may get more WWE company titles but Ric Flair is the greatest world champion in history with a record that will never be broken. WWE fans can believe Cena/Orton/whoever defending a WWE title against 3 or 4 guys a year makes them world champions all they want. Flair did that every WEEK as NWA World Champion traveling the world defending that title.

you know it dragon! =)
gotta spear em all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Goldust ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

John Cena is going to beat it...who wants a bet on that
Goldust ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

dodol is on a distinguished road

Actually the more legitimate ways is days of holding the title. No body will ever beat Flair record. EVER
dodol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Kathy316 is on a distinguished road

cena is lame...hes not as good as the wwe wants us to believe he is...ya he busts his ass but hes boaring in the ring...its rediculous but i think they are gonna keep cena as an on/off champion for a LOOOONG time.
Kathy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

is on a distinguished road

Flair may be the greatest world champion, but it's a safe bet John Cena will break his 16 world championships. John's already a ten time champion, and he's not even 35.
            is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

Sound reasoning ; )

And obviously, I agree with it. I'm glad you see it this way, too.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Hunter clemson is on a distinguished road

I don't know where to begin with this question but I will say that Flair was a GREAT champion I was watching him when I was a kid and I still remember Starrcade '83 but he did travel alot in the AWA and NWA before WCW and he has been all over the world with his 60 minute draw matches with Dusty,Harley Race and so many others....im a Flair superfan as well and I have his book,DVD's like the Definitive Collection and oh yea ifcourse Rick Flair and the four Horsemen the most badass Mafia style gang EVER in wrestling ifcourse but the WWE travels also to SO many countries and trust me I don't want Cena to break his record either because he has never been thru war like Flair plus Cena is spoon fed but lets not forget that Flair has won 21 championships but they was not recorded and Kurt Angle will beat the record before Cena I HOPE anyway because Kurt really is a good wrestler that has served and done his time but I can go on forever with this question so I just want to finish by saying your right about Flair as the greatest Champion of all time and lets not think about Cena with 17 right now because I might get sick.Good question/answer
Hunter clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

MR.NBA is on a distinguished road

true
MR.NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Noob

Abhishek is on a distinguished road

Wwe championship is as important as world heavy weight championship. Da diff. Is dat one is of raw brand n anoder is of smack down.

John cena is going 2 beat da he'll out of any record.

John Felix Anthony Champ Cena rocxxxxxxxxxx.
Abhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

Professional EdgeHead is on a distinguished road

I agree. Cena will not beat Flair's title record. Well atleast not in a real wrestling fan's eye. WWE can say he is a 17 time World Champion in a few years,but not a real 17 world champion, just a WWE world champion. If anyone should beat Ric Flair's record it's Shawn Michaels or Kurt Angle or Chris Benoit. Now Shawn is retired and Benoit is dead. So Kurt is the only one left now (besides Sting) who could and should beat Flair's record. Another reason Cena isn't a real world champion is because he is given the world title. He has not earned any of those titles except maybe the first one.
Professional EdgeHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Human Suplex Machine(Nervous?) is on a distinguished road

I agree but it doesn't matter to wwe, they are the biggest company in the world and some fans buy into everything they say. Once John Cena and Randy Orton gain their 17th championship they will tell the world that they broke Ric Flairs world title record and many people will believe it. Of course you and i and many others will know the truth but the new generation will be brainwashed into thinking John Cena and Randy Orton are better champions then Ric Flair. I might be getting way ahead of myself but i would sure hate it that millions will believe in that lie.
Human Suplex Machine(Nervous?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Doctor Who is on a distinguished road

The WWE counts both its titles as world titles so it will officially count. The titles are so watered down now that they don't mean much of anything anyways. I really don't think the titles have had much of any worth since WCW went out of business.
Doctor Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Rusty Steele hates Blandy Boreton is on a distinguished road

OMG that's a great way to look at it. When Flair wrestled, he didn't just wrestle for WCW or WWF or anything. he went everywhere and defended against people all over the world. Cena only defends against guys on Raw.

So that's a good point. Even if Cena wins 17 world titles, they're not real world titles, they're WWE world titles. I love that logic. I mean, even when he was in TNA, Angle was going around the world. He was even the IWGP world champion at one point if I recall. So again, I agree with you completely.
Rusty Steele hates Blandy Boreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

cenafan is on a distinguished road

It never ceases to amaze me how far Cena haters will go to convince themselves that their opinion is the only one that matters! Do you honestly think that just because a SMALL percentage of WWE fans AKA the IWC has decided that if Cena beats Flair's record they will just devalue the accomplishment because of their blind Cena hate makes ANY difference to the other 90% of the WWE fans that like Cena?

BTW: Your question is copied word for word from the Dragon's answer a day ago!!
cenafan is offline   Reply With Quote