ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who agrees John Morrison needs to become United States champion this Sunday?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2011, 05:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tony(M-WWE owner)(T?? C????) is on a distinguished road
Default Who agrees John Morrison needs to become United States champion this Sunday?

Reasons

1-John Morrison is arguably the most popular mid-card superstar on RAW.John Morrison needs some type of push to take him from the mid-card to the main event.Why not start with the United States championship.

2-Dolph Ziggler can continue his feud with Jack Swagger.With or without the United States championship, this would be a good feud.That's why it should be without.Jack Swagger defeats Dolph Ziggler at Hell in a Cell, becoming number one contender for the United States championship.

3-After Hell in a Cell, Dolph Ziggler forms a tag team along with Drew McIntyre, managed by Vickie Guerrero.They call themselves Chosen Perfection.At Vengeance, Chosen Perfection defeat The Usos to become number one contenders for the WWE tag team championships.At Survivor Series, Air Boom defeats Chosen Perfection, remaining WWE tag team champions.Chosen Perfection gets a rematch at TLC in a ladder match.Chosen Perfection defeats Air Boom, becoming the new WWE tag team champions.
Tony(M-WWE owner)(T?? C????) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Guys With Guns is on a distinguished road

I really don;t think John is ever going to get to the top level. I believe Vince has something against him, probably because of his size but there have been issues involving him and Melina backstage that may have something to do with it. His mic skills are not great either and he doesn't have enough charisma and drawing power to be a World Champion.

I know he works hard is a great athlete but his size, lack of mic skills and charisma and lack of that general 'it' factor is going to keep him from the gold.

He could win the US title but what will it really do for him? Personally I think he should turn heel and maybe he might be able to get closer to the main event that way.
Guys With Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 05:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

WCW Monday Nitro On YT is on a distinguished road

He still seems to be in the doghouse for some reason. I'm sure Melina has something to do with it. I don't see Ziggler losing the title yet.
WCW Monday Nitro On YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

kevin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to kevin

JoMo is awful and needs to be released. I hope Ziggler retains, but if he doesn't then it better be Swagger.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Etr
Young Noob

Etr is on a distinguished road

I Agree.

The guy is long overdue.He has worked in the Tag team division twice, first with Mercury as MNM ( great team IMO with Melina) , and then with The Miz . He also worked in the mid-card twice , in 2006 when he became IC champion , and then in 2009 when he turned face and was also the IC champion , i remember his amazing match with Rey on Smackdown . Now, he seems like an upper mid-card, lost in the shuffle , and is just there to job to the main eventers, it's a shame he has more talent in one finger than Orton has in his entire body !

he's tall about 6'1 , he has the look , the talent , his mic skills aren't that bad , plus he gets big pops on RAW, so he can easily be a main event on SD
Etr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

D.A. (Mark Black) is on a distinguished road

John Morrison is already a multiple time midcard champion (2 time IC champ and ECW Champ), i don't see how winning another one would really help him since midcard championships don't mean a lot anymore in WWE. But i guess anoter midcard championship reign wouldn't hurt either. What WWE needs to do is put this guy on a winning streak or let him win important matches leading up to the Royal Rumble PPV next year. Than...he can win the royal rumble match or be the last one eliminated. If he's the last one eliminated than he could most likely win the elimination chamber match to face the World or WWE Champ at WM. This is how i think they need to built him up starting now or starting after Night of Champions until WM 28.

I want Jack Swagger to win the U.S. Title because i think it would be cool to see The All-American American as the U.S. Champion and Swagger deserves to look strong again because he's been REALLY weak ever since he lost the World Title last year. A former World Champion isn't supposed to become a jobber, that's just not right in my eyes.
D.A. (Mark Black) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

????? w??D- Suspended is on a distinguished road

Agree, it really bothers me that JoMo isn't getting pushed. D;
????? w??D- Suspended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

JoMo_s #1 MoFo is on a distinguished road

Morrison needs to get rid of Melina 1st,then Turn heel in order for him to get a World Title.or else he'll just end up like another MVP.

I agree that he needs to win the US Title.unfortunately looks like either Swagger or Ziggler will win due to their rivalry.although it would be a good Jumpstart for JoMo to become a US Title then be a World Champion soon...hopefully.
JoMo_s #1 MoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Am BeRa ZaN U? is on a distinguished road

i agree,and here are my reasons:-

1- speaking of wrestling skills, John Morrison isn't a spot monkey,he can actually wrestle, just look at his match with CM Punk at Summerslam 2007 and you'll see by yourself, here is it:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZEqSkU22g

doing spots and stunts is pretty much like his gimmick,he is the prince of parkour,so he has to add some of parkour moves into his matches.

2- speaking of mic skills, i actually think he is above average on the mic and he is still improving,just look at this promo where he owned Edge,how many wrestlers can own Edge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDBOt3Foxxc

3- speaking of charisma,i don't know why they say he doesn't have charisma,he is one of the most charismatic wrestlers in the WWE and he gets decent pops from the crowd.

John Morrison as US champ pls,WWE !!!
Am BeRa ZaN U? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

woogieman95 is on a distinguished road

agree
woogieman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

EWE Chairman, Joey(S.E.S) is on a distinguished road

John Morrison has already won the Intercontinental Championship twice on both RAW and SmackDown!. And in the WWE, the I.C. title is supposedly a stepping stone to the World Heavyweight title(or WWE title). So, what the h*ll would winning the United States Championship really do for him? John Morrison's a former 2-time I.C. champion(never won the world title), Dolph Ziggler is a former I.C. and U.S. champion(won the world title once for 5 minutes or less). And some former I.C. champions NEVER won the WWE Championship(Razor Ramon, Goldust, Road Dogg, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Umaga). Also, take into notice that backstage politics may also play a part in a WWE Superstars' Push. Maybe John Morrison's got some backstage heat with McMahon? It doesn't matter how good of a wrestler you are if the big man doesn't like you(or you've done something to peeve him off).
EWE Chairman, Joey(S.E.S) is offline   Reply With Quote