ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

The Mark Henry push, good or bad in your opinion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2011, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nick Weller is on a distinguished road
Default The Mark Henry push, good or bad in your opinion?

If you'd told me this time last year that it would happen I would definitely have said bad, but so far I honestly think it's been great. His music is perfect, his look is perfect, he's been cutting some surprisingly good promos over the last few weeks and he's good enough (not great obviously but certainly no Khali either) in the ring to make it all believable.

Do you think it's working and is a good storyline or do you just look and think pfft, it's Mark Henry?

@Zack, by he's certainly no Khali either what I meant is that he's not great but he's not as BAD as Khali

@Jennifer, I thought that BUT he did beat Big Show cleanly, Sheamus looks like he's going to be as overrated from now on as Cena and Orton and he even beat him cleanly at a PPV! He's only taken cheap shots on Randy so far but they can't have either one of them beating eachother cleanly just before the title match because it would ruin it. As for Kane I have a feeling that this whole storyline could be setting up a big Kane push when he returns so it would only make sense for him to be taken out when he was already injured.
Nick Weller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

zack is on a distinguished road

I agree except for the fact he is waaaay better than The Great Khali.

Lmao Khali tried to pin a guy during a dance contest
zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

123456kk is on a distinguished road

good but if wwe have borton beat him it would of been pointless
123456kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
fox
Fresh Noob

fox is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to fox

The push itself is a good thing and long overdue , he's work hard an earned this , and really needs a title run , but it really depends on how wwe works the push , if he just ends up jobbing to orton , then wwe screwed another person who deserves a title . And the entire Mark Henry push was completely pointless .
fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Miguel is on a distinguished road

i think henry deserves the title hes been with wwe a while now but just hasnt had popularity at all like the other superstars but i think hes much better now and yeah the story line fits him good considering how big and strong he is it shouldnt be likely for anybody to beat that guy
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The DX Sign is on a distinguished road

It's absolutely great as you said,it was really lame for Henry to be a babyface and team up with a guy like Evan Bourne or MVP,this is the best gimmick for Mark Henry so far,it also makes all his matches interesting,and he at least deserves a world title before retirement.
The DX Sign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

D.A. (Mark Black) is on a distinguished road

I'm ENJOYING Mark Henry's current push and storyline. I think he deserves it after 15 years of hard work. I think that he should have gotten this push a long time ago. The Worlds Strongest Man losing matches every week was not believable to me, you cannot make the strongest man a jobber, that's not right. I really really hope that Mark Henry will finally win the World Title at NOC.
D.A. (Mark Black) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Jennifer is on a distinguished road

I think Mark Henry would be pushed better as a heel if he was a heel that didn't always take cheap shots. I know all heels take a fair share of cheap shots. I think more fans would be gained if they made it look like he could really beat someone up. Not just take advantage of a situation.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

I personally think that this has been the best storyline and best push of Mark Henry's Career. In the past, I have considered Mark Henry to have been one of the biggest wastes of money that Vince McMahon has ever made on a wrestler. To me, he is earning every single dollar he is paid and that is not something I would have said in the past. He works very well as an unstoppable Monster Heel. When you hear his music play, he finally lives up to lyrics of the music: Someone is going to get their A@@ Kicked!
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
AGM
Jobber

AGM is on a distinguished road

Great Big Storyline. it can benefit the WWEs active veteran wrestlers more (including Henry himself, Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, Big Show, CM Punk, R-Truth, John Morrison and Beth Phoenix)
AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2011, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

charismatic enigma is on a distinguished road

in my opinion its abbout time hes been with the company 15 years without a world title and he very loyal and deserving and i hope he kicks randy boretons ass at night of champions. he might not be the best wrestler by a long shot but if khali can get a world title reign then he should
charismatic enigma is offline   Reply With Quote