ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is WWE or TNA better with wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2011, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

cjman is on a distinguished road
Default Is WWE or TNA better with wrestling?

Both have decent wrestlers, but which one would you rather watch?
cjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Y2J_The_Lionheart is on a distinguished road

tna sucks
Y2J_The_Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

John Rockstafarian is on a distinguished road

no tna is better at wrestling bcuz they dont limit the moves of there wrestlers and more brutal ... but if were talkin about story telling ..... wwe is far more better even its storylines r boring and repititive ..
John Rockstafarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

John cena Fan 4 Ever is on a distinguished road

i think the Wwe is better. and i would rather watch wwe not only because they have the best wrestlers, but they also have better storylines and wwe is more exciting and entertaining then TNA just my opinion. now i'll be honest TNA has some talented wrestlers but the thing about WWE is their PPV's are better than TNA's PPV's so overall i would rather watch WWE.
John cena Fan 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

TNA gives you better Wrestliing Matches than WWE does. So does Ring of Honor, Chikara Wrestling, Respect Pro Wrestling, Dragon Gate USA, New Japan Pro Wtestling, Pro Wrestling NOAH and a lot of other Professional Wrestling Promotions.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 07:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Jeremiah is on a distinguished road

WWE
Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Hunter clemson is on a distinguished road

WWE because the generation of wrestlers that has come thru that company plus the entertainment level is 2nd to none plus no matter what you hear WWE is only growing more with their own network starting next year but I do watch TNA also.
Hunter clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Dark One is on a distinguished road

TNA copies all of WWE's ideas. Remember the 2-21-11 promo for Undertaker's return? TNA did the exact same thing the following week to promote Sting's return, except it was a different date, and the setting in the promo was different. But still, it was very similar to the 2-21-11 promo. WWE is better.
The Dark One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

ANURAG THE RATTLE SNAKE is on a distinguished road

TNA - they have kurt angle better wrestler than any wrestlerin wwe

they have samoa joe , christopher daniels , aj styles , sting , RVD , mr anderson

WWE- sucker no 1 - john cena , 2 - orton , 3- the miz

except cm punk on raw and christain on smackdown there are no other good wrestlers and some mid carders too like jack swagger , morrison , r-truth , ziggler but TNA 's all main eventers have good wrestling skill and mid carders are lot better than wwe's mid card like kazarian , james storm , hernandez , alex shelly, homicide etc

i know TNA cant compete with wwe in its popularity and ratings but they have lot better wrestlers and matches than wwe
ANURAG THE RATTLE SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quoth the Raven, Nevermore is on a distinguished road

TNA has way better wrestling.

i would rather watch TNA!!!
Quoth the Raven, Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 08:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Chris is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris

They are both great, but WWE is better.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Marcus Day Is ?HE PHENOM is on a distinguished road

WWE
Marcus Day Is ?HE PHENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

Both companies have talented and skilled wrestlers but that's not the issue. It's what the companies allow the wrestlers to do in the ring that makes the difference.

Vince's rules and mandates have watered down the WWE's matches to pretty much nothing but punching and kicking leading up to somebody doing a finisher.

TNA doesn't put any restrictions on their wrestlers and allows them to do pretty much whatever they want in the ring. As a result, a TNA show is filled with a wide variety of different styles and different matches that don't run into each other, blending and blurring until they all seem the same.

TNA has MUCH better wrestling than the WWE. And that's because the WWE restricts their wrestlers in the ring and TNA does not.

I have never been a fan of just punch kick brawling; that gets old real fast with one match looking pretty much like any other. I much rather watch a TNA show than a WWE show.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 08:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Maklet901 is on a distinguished road

TNA....i use to watch wwe in ratelsnake Stone Cold Steve Austin,The Rock,DX,The Undertaker and Kane and even small wrestlers were good also.............now CM Punk is one good entertainer Cena same old boring
Maklet901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2011, 08:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jobber

TheBooth is on a distinguished road

The FACT is your not going to get a straight answer from most of these people. Either one is a TNA fan or their a WWE fan.

I am a wrestling fan and in general TNA Entertainment's IMPACT Wrestling has a better over all roster of talent. Better over all matches and yes they dont limit the move sets that talent are allowed to perform like WWE does. I believe TNA has better storylines and their production has been very impressive for a company that is only 9 years old.

What I have noticed is the WWE has been in a 10 year slump. Basically, the WWE was forced to improve their product in the late 90's because they were on the verge of bankrupcy and WCW was kicking their butts weekly. The last 10 years WWE really has been the only game in town and that has made their product stale.

TNA is just now starting to push WWE around a bit. For 90% of the past year TNA has been kicking WWE's butt in ratings over seas. TNA's top show IMPACT Wrestling alone has scored higher ratings over the year than ALL OF WWE's SHOWS COMBINED. Keep in mind this is over seas and not in the United States but never the less it's HUGE and a MAJOR reason for TNA success and profits. TNA is clearly becoming a power house overseas and WWE is feeling the heat.

The other thing I have noticed is TNA is just now starting to take their big show on the road giving it that big arena feel on TV. This is the exact way WCW and WWE operated before they got huge.

WWE fans, don't get made but clearly you have double standards when it comes to WWE and TNA.

You bash TNA for copying WWE's Undetaker video with their own Sting video. But did you bash WWE since that same Undertaker video is a clear copy of a older WCW Sting promo video? No you didnt. That's a double standard.

You bash TNA for having older wrestlers on their roster but turn a blind eye when the same talent is on WWE's roster like Kevin Nash for example.

You bash TNA for letting Ric Flair wreslte (TNA's two oldest active wrestler) but you turn a blind eye when 61 year old Jerry Lawler wrestles on RAW or beats the WWE world Champion on RAW like he did with the MIZ in a non title match, didnt he pin MIZ clean 1,2,3.....Ouch!

Besides that Lawler has wrestled over 5 times in the past 3 months in WWE. Ric Flair has wrestled ZERO times in TNA over the last 3 months. Clearly TNA uses Flair on special occasions , where WWE uses Lawler on a semi regular basis.

You bash TNA for not pushing youth...Confussing since TNA's roster is on average 5 years younger than WWE's. Confussing since WWE's so called youth movement is really talent that are in their 30's like Del rio (34), Cena (34), Punk (32), Miz (30), Barrett (31), Sheamus (33), Orton (31) ...

TNA's top stars Jeff Hardy (34), Roode (34) Storm (34), Aries (33), Gunner (29), Crimson (26), Pope (33), Styles (34), Samoa Joe (32), Mr Anderson (35)

Then you have both companies older guys like

WWE's Jerry Lawler (61), HHH (42), Nash (52) , Undertaker (46), Christian (37), Mysterio (36), Big Show (39), Mark Henry (40), Kane (44) , Booker T (46)

TNA's Flair (62), Sting (52), Scott Stiener (49) Bully Ray (40) RVD (40) Angle (42) Devon (39) Abyss (37) I could add Hogan but he doesnt wrestle so whats the point.

So as you can see WWE employees more active OLDER wrestlers than TNA does. The good news is that both products CORE talent are in their late 20's to early 30's which means both products should only get better over the next 5 to 10 years.

At the end of the day the argument that TNA pushes older stars over youth is dumb. TNA's roster is clearly much younger than WWE's as a whole. Both companies keep a healthy amount of older stars around who have more name value with the general public while they build the names of their core talents.

TNA is better all around.

WWE is produced better and comes across bigger and better but only becuase they are established and have a established fan base of 5 million in the states that they grew over the course of 60 plus years. TNA is doing very good for only 9 years of growth to this point and a solid following of 2 million fans in the states.

It should also be noted that TNA puts on the better house show as well.
TheBooth is offline   Reply With Quote