ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who was the better wrestler between Dean Malenko and Bret Hart??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2006, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Edge head is a jewel in the roughEdge head is a jewel in the roughEdge head is a jewel in the rough
Default Who was the better wrestler between Dean Malenko and Bret Hart??

To me it's a close call....On one hand you have "The Iceman"...I remembered on most episodes of WCW saturday Night around 1996-1999 when Malenko would wrestle I would see him do moves on a couple of occasions I never knew existed at the time...The guy was an awesome mat technician and a great chain wrestler but sucked on the mic......To me Dean should of achieved more in WCW and WWE than he did....Although he was the U.S. champ at one point, I think he would of made a great world's champ.....
Finally,you got Bret Hart and unless you are living under a rock, you all know about "The Hitman's" in-ring perfection from (wrestling,brawling,working the mic etc )so need I say no more....And like he has well documented on a number of occasions his style was very physical, but yet still he never injured anyone in the ring.....Bret reached the pinnacle of Sports Entertainment and has done it all......

All in all I think Malenko was the better Wrestler in-ring wise,but Bret was the better mic worker.....What are your opinions??
Edge head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2006, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
The King of Kings

Cobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Cobra

I have to agree with you on that Napier. Malenko was a great technition but sucked on the mic. Malenko did pull off some great moves that I had not seen before, what did they call him, the man of a 1000 Moves? However I cannot knock the Hitman's in ring performance, he was a great technition as well. As he was great with the mic. So I have to give the nod to the Hitman.

Thanks to Glue for the banner
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2006, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Edge head is a jewel in the roughEdge head is a jewel in the roughEdge head is a jewel in the rough

Yea,Malenko was called the man of 1000 holds...But what I'm asking who do u think was better in the ring between the two??
Old 21 Apr 2006, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Didn't they wrestle in wCw?
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2006, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

they could wrestle in the efed along with anyone else that joins, if not the fetus gets it!
Old 23 Apr 2006, 12:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Casper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to behold

Dean Malenko matched opponents that put on highly entertaining bouts. Bret usually had a slow paced contest. Both were great, hard to say
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2006, 01:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Brett was one of the best tag team wrestlers ever... I never really caught much of Malenko. I didn't have time for wCw...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2006, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Dean Malenko matched opponents that put on highly entertaining bouts. Bret usually had a slow paced contest. Both were great, hard to say
That's another reason why I think Malenko was the better between the two..Bret's was awesome in the ring but his style was too slow for my liking compared to someone like Benoit,Eddie,Malenko,Owen....

Side note....Anyone else believe Owen was just as good as Bret in the ring??
Old 24 Apr 2006, 02:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Joe
Yo Yo it's me Joe

Joe is on a distinguished road

Hello?

This is 1998 calling.

We found your thread and wondered where you were when it meant something.
Old 24 Apr 2006, 11:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Hello?

This is 1998 calling.

Those two meant something...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2006, 10:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Hello?

This is 1998 calling.

In case you are vision impaired this forum is about general wrestling and it doesn't give a time period to discuss....So I can talk about stuff from 1900 - 2006,it doesn't matter....So please contribute something intelligent instead of making your self look like a fool...I hope that managed to enter the pea you call a brain

Last edited by Edge head; 26 Apr 2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 01:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
The King of Kings

Cobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Cobra

IMO I dont think Owen Hart was better than Bret. I always thought that Owen never got out and really showed his independence. He was living too much in Bret's and Niedhart's shadow.

Thanks to Glue for the banner
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2006, 02:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Agreed
Old 26 Apr 2006, 11:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

This is just opinion but I think Bret was way overrated as far as in the ring goes. He was very good and put on some great matches but I think the man of 1000 holds wins this little battle.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2006, 11:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Joe
Yo Yo it's me Joe

Joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Napier
In case you are vision impaired this forum is about general wrestling and it doesn't give a time period to discuss....So I can talk about stuff from 1900 - 2006,it doesn't matter....So please contribute something intelligent instead of making your self look like a fool...I hope that managed to enter the pea you call a brain
OOH! Someone wants to play!

Dean Malenko was by far the better wrestller. I think the question has to be put as who was the better wrestling entertainer. Then the answer must be Bret Hart.

Pea Brain, indeed. You have failed to understand the concept of the world of wrestling circa 2006. It is no longer about wrestling, only about entertainment. Your thread holds no meaning because it no longer matters who the better wrestler was.

Therefore, those that were not entertainers in the past (ie, Dean Malenko) no longer should even be discussed. Nor should broken down pathetic people that can't get over the past (ie, Bret Hart).

No, the term that would have made your thread more relevant in today's wrestling society would have to be: Who was the better entertainer between Dean Malenko and the chimp at the zoo?

While Dean would have still finished second, it would have at least carried some semblance of relevancy in today's wrestling message board market.

So, you must be a child that has no thought process of what pro wrestling was verses what it has become.

Thank you and good day.