ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

CM Punk - is this such a hard ?uestion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2006, 05:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Casper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to behold
Default CM Punk - is this such a hard ?uestion

Fuqqin pseudo smarks won't answer my question. I know this board is pro-WWE but hopefully someone can assist >>>>

This may come off as bashing. In the name of truth, these are genuine observations and opinions I have made based on them. The reality of my sentences are viewpoints that keep me from thinking CM Punk, the internet communities' most favored indy star, is anything special. I analyzed his "selling" ability and it looked average, nothing signature or dramatic. I watched a match he had with Alex Shelley around the time of the Steamboat incident, and it was nice, but the credit has to go to Shelley. Even the crowd only cheered/clapped after Shelley made a reversal or did one of his unique maneuvers. Punk almost scored a point until he botched on the mic and said "long road ahode(ahead*)". I viewed the match where he won the ROH title from Aries, and the only thing keeping me awake was the hilarious heat that Aries got. Seen his match with Jay Lethal, got bored. Seen his match with Roderick Strong, got bored. Seen the "thrilling" series with Samoa Joe (2 & 3), got even more bored. Don't wanna get started on the encounters with Raven... Just finished watching the match with Spanky from 2005 and even the crowd was bored. Spanky carried most of the bout from what I saw, with little highlights at that. During one point I heard 'Cm Punk sucks' from the spectators, and he fought like anything BUT heel so I assume he was meant to be on people's good sides. Almost got to see the detailed portion of a match he held with Low Ki in IWC/IWA, but the video clip abruptly ended just before 3 minutes into it. I can't come to enjoy what I have seen. There is no apparent style. His body movement is very loose, when he should be more prepared to engage once you're in a fight. Am I suppose to applaud him for knowing how to do a headlock and arm twist? Do I give out more appreciation for basic mat holds rather than my entertainment? I have tried and tried to see something I like about his work. It could be a disappointment due to expectations. All I have read on him is that he is the best and that he constantly puts on showstopping contest, but that just isn't how I see it. Really, it isn't as if I want to dislike the guy, but everyone else seems to like him for a different reason. Is there truely a match of his that is worthy of five stars? Where may I find his best performance? Even better if anyone has a link for it. Other than Punk's finisher, there has been nothing that I found interesting
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2006, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Punk still wrestles?
Old 15 Apr 2006, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Punk still wrestles?
No...but on road trips, he handles WWE Superstars' baggage from time to time though.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2006, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Delusion Over Addiction

Smigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatness

Punk’s alright I guess but his does have loads of fanboys around the net that do nothing but praise him no matter what the circumstances are and that’s the main problem for me, he can do no wrong in most fans eyes.

He does have some good performances under his belt, his match with Colt at Punk: The Final Chapter was a ton of fun and his match with Chris Hero at IWC: Summer Sizzler was top 3 for that year.

But then you have that other crappy side of him. His performances in OVW have been really lacklustre and don’t get me started with the series with Joe, that’s some of the most boring shit I’ve seen this side of Pedro Morales/Bruno Sammartino Showdown at Shae title match. It’s not just that series of matches either; there have been many matches of his I just couldn’t get into. I always compare him to Misawa in the fact that I just couldn’t give a fuck about his matches despite the love he gets from all the “smart” fans around the net.

But he has the main tools that ultimately get him other were ever he goes, his mic skills and charisma both of which will really get him over with the WWE crowd and ultimately bring him a fairly successful career there.

Smigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2006, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I think the one reason that Vince is holding back CM is because he knows all the marks want him to be on tv and Vince wants to purposely hold him back in spite of the marks...it's just like the way he held back Benoit for 4 years and the same with RVD.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote