ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What I find wrong with wrestling today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Oct 2005, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Robocop is my hero

PlayaDirtyDog is just really nicePlayaDirtyDog is just really nicePlayaDirtyDog is just really nicePlayaDirtyDog is just really nicePlayaDirtyDog is just really nice
Post What I find wrong with wrestling today!

I am losing so much love for wrestling. For personal reasons I feel this is the worst year for wrestling for me, with ratings and money aside.

There use to be a time when people wrestle for the love of it. Not caring if they get paid or not, because the rush they got from the fans in that arena was worth more then anything put on this earth.

Now it seems money is what it's all about. Many wrestlers don't care about the fans. They only care about them selfs, making qoutes like "well I got to feed my family" and all this other bull shit why they still wrestle.

WCW wasn't the greatest but most of the lower card wrestlers were there because they did it for the fans. People who could pull off amazing moves and not a t-shirt made about them or anything. That is wrestling to me.

ECW in my mind was the greatest thing ever in wrestling. There were guys who put there body on the line after night and night. These guys were not always getting paid and the money they did get was not that much. They loved the fans. Sabu, Dreamer, New Jack damn near killed them selfs for us.

I respect them more then these pieces of shit like Chris Masters and Candice who are nothing more then whores for money. WWE and sometimes TNA makes me sick. WWE wants nothing but money and will go far as half naked woman who can't wrestle worth a fuck just to pull ratings. They don't care about us. TNA isn't as bad about that but they do have alot of people who care nothing but to be wealthy. Sometimes i rather just watch Backyard Wrestling clips from the internet.

Until the day wrestlers are dreamers, and the greedy start their destiny. There will be no justice in the world of wrestling. Yesterdays greats are todays nothings.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Welcome to the world of professional sports, it's not just wrestling. All of the "big four" sports are and have been like this for a long time, the most obvious being pro baseball.

So I hate to say it, but you're pretty much stuck with it the way it is, you're either going to have to live with it or don't watch it. Money is always going to be there, even moreso in years to come.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2005, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Money was always a part of it. Look at the way WCW attempted to suck WWF dry. Look why so many left the ECW you loved so much. Money was always part of the reasons behind wrestlers.

The difference between money back then and money now, is this...back in the day nobody who wrestled had big bucks, then wrestling got bigger so did they paychecks and wrestlers discovered they could buy more with money so it became a bigger deal. The priorities of wrestlers and promoters never changed, everything just got elevated because of inflation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2005, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

But you have to remember some of the wrestlers of today came out of that era where the paychecks where low, are the big stars of today. Look at Cena. He was in wrestling school in 2000.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Robocop is my hero

PlayaDirtyDog is just really nicePlayaDirtyDog is just really nicePlayaDirtyDog is just really nicePlayaDirtyDog is just really nicePlayaDirtyDog is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McMahon
Money was always a part of it. Look at the way WCW attempted to suck WWF dry. Look why so many left the ECW you loved so much. Money was always part of the reasons behind wrestlers.

The difference between money back then and money now, is this...back in the day nobody who wrestled had big bucks, then wrestling got bigger so did they paychecks and wrestlers discovered they could buy more with money so it became a bigger deal. The priorities of wrestlers and promoters never changed, everything just got elevated because of inflation...
I mean i know money was always a big deal but you can sorta tell the wrestlers who are there for the money and for the fans.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 01:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Spending My Life With White Lightning

Gothic Prince is on a distinguished road

*enters thread*

*looks around*

None of you know shit about wrestling.

There are a few guys I've been watching over here in Indiana. They've been working hard and really paying there dues. No one in the WWE really has the heart for the business. They don't really understand wrestling. These kids I've been watching have been working there way up through wrestling in one highschool gym after another. They really know what the industry is about.

Since most of you don't really care about real wrestling, you should watch TNA. These guys are amazing, they really know how to put on a show. Plus its just barely a step above wrestling in a grade school auditorium, so its kind of like real wrestling.

I'm done with you maggots
*shakes head*
*turns on Tears For Fears*
*leaves thread*
Old 03 Nov 2005, 10:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wine me, Dine me, 619 me!

Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.
confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Prince
Plus its just barely a step above wrestling in a grade school auditorium, so its kind of like real wrestling.
So you're saying tna isn't fake then?
Townduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2005, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Ratings draw money. A company needs money and ratings to survive so that you, the viewer, can actually see good wrestling on TV. ECW wasn't worried about ratings and thus they made no money. That's why you don't see ECW on TV anymore.

Geez. Sometimes I wonder if you guys have any idea how business works. Money is everything. You'll all come to realize that someday.