ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

*news and notes* TNA Signs deal with Eurosport, Signs new talent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2005, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default *news and notes* TNA Signs deal with Eurosport, Signs new talent

Gerweck:

-Nashville, TN (September 8, 2005) - TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today that Total Nonstop Action Wrestling has signed a contract with Eurosport to air iMPACT! through September 2006.

Eurosport ordered the episodes after receiving positive viewer response to the two episode test market of iMPACT! that ran earlier this year.

"We are extremely pleased to continue our relationship with Eurosport," said Dixie Carter President of TNA Entertainment. "TNA Wrestling has announced several major partnerships over the past six weeks, and this is another important development in the growth of our brand."

Eurosport reaches 54 countries across Europe and the Middle East and is in 95 million homes with an estimated audience of 250 million viewers. Eurosport is broadcast via Astra, one of the main European satellites, on the basic programming tier of cable networks, and on nearly all existing digital platforms, such as those in the UK, Scandinavia, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Portugal and Greece.

The new face of wrestling, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling prides itself on delivering innovative, cutting edge wrestling action with the high-risk, high-flying athleticism that TNA Wrestling is known for. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling "iMPACT!" debuts on Spike TV Saturday, October 1st at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT.

-TNA has signed its very first ever Scottish star to its company. BCW's own Jay Phoenix, known as the 'Flawless One' has signed for the company and is set to debut this November on an edition of TNA:Impact. The 'Flawless One' Jay Phoenix is making his US debut in October with Pro Chikara and a few other smaller Indy feds in and around Philadelphia, PA from the 19-26 of the month and will be featured in TNA shortly after. Jay has been wrestling for 4 years and was a successful amateur champion before turning pro.

-The complete card for this Sunday’s “Unbreakable” is set, with three new matches added on Thursday morning. The Pay-Per-View will take place from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, live and exclusively on Pay-Per-View!

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH - Champion Raven vs. Rhino
THREE-WAY X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - Champion The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels vs. The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. The Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe
ELIMINATION MATCH FOR THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Champions The Naturals vs. America’s Most Wanted vs. Team Canada vs. Sean Waltman and Alex Shelley
Sabu vs. The Monster Abyss w/ Jim Mitchell
The Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy vs. Team Canada’s Bobby Roode
The Alpha Male Monty Brown and Kip James vs. Apolo and Lance Hoyt
The 3Live Kru vs. The Diamonds In The Rough
Team Canada’s Petey Williams vs. Austin Aries
Don’t miss thus Sunday’s epic TNA Pay-Per-View as we prepare for the debut of “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV on Saturday, October 1! Also on the show this Sunday will be HUGE news concerning October’s “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View, including the arrival of an international superstar to TNA Wrestling

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2005, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about

What I said about the Eurosport deal elsewhere...

If anyone missed those episodes they showed earlier this year, be thankful. The commentary was dubbed over (I think it was by one of the guys who does commentary for horse racing, but I'm not sure) and it was awful. He said some really odd shit...on one episode, he said something like "ladies and gentlemen, this is NOT fake, this is all 100% REAL!" as Abyss was coming down, which was kinda weird.

TNA already has a deal with The Wrestling Channel in the UK, which brings us Impact on a five-week delay (). As far as I know, TWC doesn't air anywhere else in Europe, so this deal should be cool for the people on the continent.

Ideally, I'd love for this Eurosport deal to be in sync with what America will be getting on Spike (ie. shown at the same time, or on a few days' delay) and with the PROPER commentary...that would be awesome. But after I got so excited (and then let down) about last time it was on Eurosport, I won't be holding my breath.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote