ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Would WWE be better without Faces or Heels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2011, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nick James is on a distinguished road
Default Would WWE be better without Faces or Heels?

I realise that this will never happen, but i thought about it recently when watching some older matches.

In particular, Stone cold vs Rock and Rock vs Hulk Hogan. It has great atmosphere to the match.

Now think about it, it would be like supporting your home town. Where ever the wrestler was born and bred, he'd obviously get most reaction from that town/city, whatever. When the crowd is split, it adds another dimension to the match, more passion if you'll allow me to say. Think of it like your favourite basketball/baseball in the final, playing against your biggest rival. I just think there would be a lot more atmosphere. Particularly for titles... One match that instantly comes to mind is CM Punk at MITB. He had fantastic home support, and he was a heel at the time. Imagine getting that sort of reaction, following and passion every Raw, Smackdown and PPV.
Nick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2011, 06:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

I think when booking they need to have a them just for clear plot movement...

but I also think that when done right there can still be enough shades of gray so that the fans can still choose sides
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2011, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Guys With Guns is on a distinguished road

It's all in the mind...WWE wants us to support certain performers and they try to influence us to do so. But you can define heel or face in differant ways..there are so many possiblities and real fans know that. Fact is there arent really 'heels' or 'faces' it's just WWE trying to get us to root for the certain people and boo others but you make your own mind up who you like.
Guys With Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2011, 06:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

melBURN! is on a distinguished road

Without face or heels, WWE would struggle to create story lines. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from but it just wouldn't work out. People would be confused to who allies with who, because say you have Randy Orton and Christian battling it out week after week, then all of a sudden Orton cheats to win, you wouldn't expect Christian to just leave it at that... So he would retaliate by confronting Orton as either the heel or face in the situation.. You can't have the crowd cheering for both of them, there will always be that one superstar that the people despise more than the other. If Christian was in his home of Ontario, of course the fans would cheer him over Orton, everyone does that for their home coming superstar.
melBURN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2011, 06:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

woogieman95 is on a distinguished road

no
woogieman95 is offline   Reply With Quote