ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who here is or was a fan of La Parka?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2011, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Senor Jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default Who here is or was a fan of La Parka?

I admit I'm still a fan of La Parka.His entrance in AAA is funny.He made the La Parka dance known in Mexico.

Who was/is a fan of La Parka and who would like to see him debut in WWE?
Senor Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2011, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

I liked The Chairman of The Board in WCW and wished WCW had done more with him and the other Luchadores. I also enjoy seeing him whenever I buy a AAA Pay Per View.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2011, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Dominique The Damaja is on a distinguished road

I am still a La Parka fan. Has been since seeing him in WCW.

No, because he might end up tagging with Santino Marella and end up being in squash matches against people half his talent. He is better off in Mexico.
Dominique The Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2011, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

I've been a fan of La Parka since his WCW days in the 90's. That was the original La Parka WCW called The Chairman Of The Board (because he not only carried and used a steel folding chair, he stood on it and danced).

When La Parka went to WCW, another wrestler assumed the gimmick in Mexico, also called La Parka. He's nearly as entertaining as the original. The original is the better wrestler of the two, but both are very popular and fun to watch. When the original returned to Mexico he couldn't use the La Parka gimmick and name because CMLL owned them. So he dressed very similarly and called himself L.A. Park (meaning the original La Parka). The new La Parka signed with AAA several years ago. Last year the original showed up, claiming to be the original and dammit he wanted his gimmick and name back! The new La Parka didn't want to give it up, so they feuded, and even had an awesome hardcore match at Triplemania (AAA's biggest show) last year for the rights to the name and gimmick. Due to L.A. Park's shenanigans the match got thrown out so there was no winner. Both are still using the same gimmicks. The original is still L.A. Park and is a heel. The new one is still La Parka and one of the most popular faces in the business. Both use Michael Jackson's Thriller as their entrance music and both do the La Parka dance. Both are VERY entertaining and fun to watch. They are two reasons why AAA is my favorite promotion in the world.

The original, the one calling himself L.A. Park, could be very popular in the WWE. He's still a great luchador, still a great brawler/wrestler, and his brand of humor would go over very well in the WWE, I think. He would probably have to tone down the humor, though, in order to avoid being typecast as a Santino-type of clown. He'd be fun to watch in the WWE.

The new La Parka is too old, I think, to be an effective WWE sports entertainer. He works great in AAA because the other luchadors know his style and his moves and they make him look great even though he can no longer move as well as they can. He wouldn't do nearly as well in the WWE.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote