ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do You Honestly Think...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2004, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default Do You Honestly Think...

That TNA can be a SERIOUS contender to the WWE's throne?..
Old 29 Aug 2004, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

If WWE keeps screwing around like they are, yes.

The only real problem I can see with TNA is that I just can't tell one from the other. They are all pretty much the same thing.

WWE: X hates Y who screwed Z to help A
TNA: Y hates another Y for reasons known or unknown depending on the case at hand.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2004, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

TNA at the moment is doing pretty good. They have only been aronud for 2 years and already are about to have monthly ppv's and two syndicated tv programs. Something that WWWF was not doing in year 2 after they broke away from the NWA. I think that as long as TNA follows a smart formula they will do good enough that down the line its them head on with WWE. This could be years from now, but they are such a young company and it took the WWE about 33 years to get where they are right now.

The thing TNA has to do is understand, that even though former WWE names could be somewhat of a draw, they will do nothing for the growth of the company. People don't want to see a recyled wrestler. They want to see something new. That is what the X-Division is in the states and that is what the six-sided ring is. They have to realize that they shouldn't try and exactly target the same audience that the WWE has, because those people aren't as important as the people who stop watching wrestling or would rather watch more action over skits and talking.

TNA has a major problem with their booking. It is terriable for the most part when it comes to the Heavyweight division. I mean they do things that make no sense, and sometimes have myself questioning who the hell is running the show back there. But I know who that is, and he is a moron. When he was a wrestler Mantel sucked imo and now as a booker he is twice as worse. Add that in with the tired Vince Russo v. Dusty Rhodes storyline that I don't anyone cares about. And Jeff Hardy going over Monty Brown and being pushed as big as he has. These are the major problems. But on the flip side their X-Division is great when compared to the Cruiserweight division. And the X-Division actually respects their wrestlers; allowing them to have a grand stage and often times main event on different events including ppv's and impact. The fact that Styles, Kash, Shelly, Red, Sabin and Dutt are just a few of the names in the division makes for a fun time. It is not even close between WWE and TNA when it comes to the Tag Team divsion. TNA has it on lock with the tag division. it is how a tag division is suppose to be run with plenty of teams and storylines, and #1 contender matches you need. Having AMW, XXX, 3LK, Shane & Kazarien, Swinger and Gilberti, The Naturals and a few other tag teams makes the division look like its worth something. And I enjoy finally being able to watch a tag division again, its been a few years n all.......

All in all if they work on the small problems and the booking TNA has a very bright future and will be able to hang with the WWE. The major thing is they have to focuse on building their own stars and not going after used up ones with little potential. Exspecially when their roster is packed with talent......

Last edited by Dre; 29 Aug 2004 at 04:36 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2004, 04:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
X-Division Champion

Andy182 is on a distinguished road

yes i do think TNA can challenge WWE . maybe if they got Stone Cold or someone on TNA they would be more popular than WWE cuz EVERYONE likes Stone Cold .
And thats the bottom line cuz legend killer said so
Old 18 Sep 2004, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

SC could not do shit for TNA except walk to the ring, stunner the roster, drink some beer, and walk off. Like Dre said, rehashing used up wwe talent isn't going to get tna into wwe's league. And no doubt about wwe screwing up big time this year and opening the door for TNA to start gaining more mainstream audience. The single most important thing for tna is to get regular weekly shows on tv. The ppv's aren't going to get many new ppl watching. I only watch when I catch it on tv now, and it seems to be pretty sporadic when it's on. Not to mention, the production of the show isn't too good and making sense of the stories and what's going on is a pain. But it will be a long time before they are a serious contender to WWE. It may never happen.

And dre, you know it's not fair to compare wwe's first years of buisiness to nwa's. You know wwwe was territorial, and that it took Vince years to gather the talent to go nation wide and create the wrestling buz the way we know it today. TNA walked into a market of indy wrestlers and put up some bucks to get where they are. They are trying to make a successfull company in WWE's shadow, not change the entire face of the wrestling buisiness. shame shame

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2004, 12:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I don't know Exo, when WWWF tore away from NWA it was a pretty big deal, and they took the largest draw at the time in Nature Boy Buddy Rogers and then it had the 2nd largest one in Samartino, they had a lot of talent going away from NWA so the buzz was there from the very beginning, and for the most part TNA is territorial as it doesn't travel outside of Orlando and TN. More recently being soley in Orlando. You had to pay to see their product up until a few months ago, and now still it is very hard to come across it if you aren't dedicated to seeing it as the Impact and Xplosion times are in terriable slots.....

I agree with you that in many ways TNA is trying to grow in WWE's shadows. I do however see that they are trying to take wrestling in a different direction. Whenever I watch TNA i feel like I'm watching a completly different product for the most part; the six sided ring is a large reason for that. But also the way TNA leads with its Cruiserweights and push's them harder then the heavyweights. Also the fact that respect goes to the tag division in that there is a good amount of time and effort put into that division. I havn't seen a good tag division in years and now TNA has brought that sort of wrestling back......

I will give TNA credit for trying to be an alternative in all, but I think that they are doing just fine for a start-up company......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2004, 01:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

You got a point. Especially about TNA breaking out of the territory. How long did it take for WWE to get across the country?

I think TNA is doing better now, at least as far as getting themselves out there than they were a year ago. But I can't comment on the quality of the storys since I can never get a coherent layout. The X Division is pretty exciting though.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2004, 04:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo
You got a point. Especially about TNA breaking out of the territory. How long did it take for WWE to get across the country?

I think TNA is doing better now, at least as far as getting themselves out there than they were a year ago. But I can't comment on the quality of the storys since I can never get a coherent layout. The X Division is pretty exciting though.
I wanna say roughly 20 years....