ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

TNA moving?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Aug 2004, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default TNA moving?

(Credit: PWInsider.com)

Lately there has been a lot of talk among TNA management about moving the company to Orlando, Florida this September. There is feeling that if the company moved it's offices to Orlando they would be able to use the better resources to help the company. Many within the company don't want to leave the Nashville audience behind since they have been there since the beginning.

There is also talk of doing away with the weekly PPV concept in favor of having one Sunday night PPV every month instead. The reason why TNA began as a PPV only company was due to the fact that they did not have TV. Since the PPV only concept has been for the lack of a better word, a failure, they would use Impact! to build towards the monthly PPV events in order to cut a huge amount of money loss each week.

Sources are also reporting that TNA may finally begin running house shows beginning this October. There are many members of management currently that are not fully sold on the house show idea just yet but they are still trying to make a decision as to what to do. TNA is looking into Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Dayton, Ohio as possible cities to run house shows.

We will have more on all three of these stories as we get further information.

So what do you think would happen if TNA left it's fanbase in Nashville behind, and it's PPV audience? Good or bad move for them?

Sidenote: Sting > Orlando
Old 03 Aug 2004, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

TNA has to rely on Nashville, I think.....if they move, they'd better keep doing shows in Nashville as well.....

also, once they have a real tv deal, the ppv thing has to go.....but I don't know that they need to rely on a 3 in the afternoon show on Fridays to be the flagship of their program......

sidenote: Sting>Nashville.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

When/If TNA can get a better time slot with hopefully 2 hours then they could probably get rid of the weekly PPV model. However like Oeo said about Impact, its just not the TV deal they NEED to keep themselves afloat.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

well i understand they are probally losing some money cause of PPV, but first they need a better TV deal, and maybe they should think about running maybe a house show or two a week in the southeast region to get better fanbase out there
Old 03 Aug 2004, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
I have a HUGE MANGINA!

Mangina is on a distinguished road

I think TNA is a great quality wrestling show. Far more better than the WWE at times. I really would just like to see the company succeed and now die like ECW did after a short 7yrs. And yet, I dont want to see TNA become more of a WCW if they go big. Considering the waste of the financial resources that Ted Turner put forward. And they should beware of any loss of power such as WCW and Time Warner, or the fait of TNA could be closed forever.

Quote:
Jack and Jill went up the hill
And planned to do some kissing
Jack made a pass,
and grabbed her ass
And now two of his teeth are missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
LMFAO. Camini finally did something that is hilarious
^^ finally some respect

I HAVE A HUGE MANGINA!!! OH MAN IT'S SO LOOSE YOU CAN DRIVE TRI'S TRUCK THROUGH IT!!! OH MAN I LIKE HAVING TRUCKS IN MY MANGINA IT FEELS SO GOOD CAUSE THATS THE ONLY THING THAT FITS IN MY HUGE LOOSE MANGINA!!!
Mangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Proud TNA Supporter

Direct has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Direct

TNA is doing fine right now, iMPACT cost $0.00 to attend, so their basically making all their money off merchandise, wendesdays ppv, and advertising. TNA is just a good example of what wrestling should be, they're not all about the money like Vince is with WWE, nor entertainment. It gives me a nice classic wrestling feel with some new stuff mixed in, I don't think they're going to be going down anytime soon.

NOVEMBER 16, 2006 - 9:00PM ON SPIKETV
Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 01:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

um....
I like TNA I really do...

but their regular TV audience is little bigger than a house show as is...would they have like 12 seats set up for a house show? Bring your own Lawn chair?
Old 05 Aug 2004, 05:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

I like the PPV/weekly show idea but not the idea of moving from Nashville... that's their roots...

Sidenote: Sting > Jack Black (cause Orange County Sucks)

Last edited by DC; 05 Aug 2004 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Tenacious D has nothing on the Stinger
Mr. Submission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

*Spoiler alert*

I read that TNA is going to end the weekly PPV's in November of this year and go to doing 1 3 hour PPV every month for $30. I believe this was on PWF's front page but I can't remember.

Unless they can get Impact on at a much better time I am not pleased about this decision.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 09:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

^ i saw it too, i was thinking the same thing, Impact can hardly be found except on FSN, and then if you have that you can only see it on Fridays at 3, who the heck is home to see that shizzit? plus i think they will lose a fan base leaving Nashville...I mean that would be like WCW leaving Atlanta, ECW leaving Philly, WWE leaving NYC, you just don't do it