ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Arik Cannon Shoots On Ribs, WWE, & Shawn Daivari

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jul 2004, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Dougie Nunny is on a distinguished road
Default Arik Cannon Shoots On Ribs, WWE, & Shawn Daivari

Recently, Dougie Nunny of TWV sat down with Arik Cannon, of Indy fame, and conducted an exclusive interview.

Below are the highlights:

Dougie Nunny: You mentioned Shawn Daivari earlier. How close would you say you are to him?
Arik Cannon: I believe it's a little over 11 hours to Louisville. [Laughs] Actually, we were tight for some time. I broke in just about a year after he did. We trained a lot together, lots of road trips, and hung out from time to time. Things change though. As I said, he's 11 hours away now.

Dougie Nunny: Did something bad happen between you two or did you just grow apart?
Arik Cannon: Probably both, but I guess that depends on how you look at it. He knows what he wants in wrestling, and he's doing what he has to do to get there. While personally, I think it's probably hurting him a little in the long run. Basically, I believe there is more than one way to do things. That's all.

Dougie Nunny: In today's wrestling world, everyone seems to have a best buddy. Someone they came up with and shared all their trails with. Since you have said that you and Shawn aren't that way anymore, do you have another one of these buddies?
Arik Cannon: Nope.

Dougie Nunny: Any reason?
Arik Cannon: Because people can be ungrateful pieces of shit. [Laughs]

Dougie Nunny: A lot of superstars spend their whole careers wrestling looking for accolades such as Wrestler or Match of the Year, yet you have gotten both accolades in MPW in your short career. What does that feel like?
Arik Cannon: Those awards were for 2003. Not to take away from them, but there is 2004, 2005, and so on. It is/was definitely and honor and a privilege to be given those awards. I think it'll mean more to me if I am able to repeat such things. One good year is great, but longevity would be greater.

Dougie Nunny: Do you think you are a serious contender for those awards in 2004?
Arik Cannon: Definitely. There have been some great matches in MPW this year, with more to come for sure. I look forward to seeing who/what is awarded at the end of the year.

Dougie Nunny: Who do you think are your biggest competitors in those categories?
Arik Cannon: I think this year my competition for Wrestler of the Year in MPW is Kid Krazy. He's having a great year; he's showed a lot of improvement and is having great matches. As for Match of the Year, Kid Krazy vs. Casanova from 12/27/03 (which I believe counts for 04 as the timeframe is December to December) is probably at the top of the list right now.

Dougie Nunny: How much fun is it for you to portray your character to the fans?
Arik Cannon: It's fun. I like to think that it is an extension of who I am.

Dougie Nunny: A good or bad extension?
Arik Cannon: Both.

Dougie Nunny: How does that work?
Arik Cannon: Good because I try to leave Arik Cannon at the shows. Bad because as you see, I'm at home on my own time right now doing this Arik Cannon thing. That make sense?

Dougie Nunny: Oh yeah, I hear you. What is your schedule like as of late?
Arik Cannon: My schedule as of late has been crazy! Out of town almost every weekend and making it home in time for MPW shows. Sometimes, I will drive straight to MPW and sleep for a couple hours in the parking lot. Otherwise, I get no sleep.

Dougie Nunny: So for those out there who don't know, what is it like exactly to sleep in a car?
Arik Cannon: It sucks. It's uncomfortable.

Dougie Nunny: Do you wonder if it's worth it at times?
Arik Cannon: Very, very rarely. My last totally free weekend was the weekend of July 4th. Prior to that, I cannot remember.

Dougie Nunny: What are some things that make you question your line of work?
Arik Cannon: Things like having zero free weekends. All the driving. Lack of funds. As I said though, the wondering if it's worth it happens so very rarely.

Dougie Nunny: When would you feel that all your trials were worth it?
Arik Cannon: I have 2 main goals within wrestling:
A) I'd like to make ends meet with wrestling. Have it be my "job."
B) I'd very much like to go and work in Japan.

Dougie Nunny: A lot of wrestlers look down on other wrestlers "marking out." What are your thoughts?
Arik Cannon: Bullshit. If you weren't/aren't a mark, you wouldn't be in the business.

Dougie Nunny: Who else do you mark out for?
Arik Cannon: Besides Kobashi right now, I'm watching a lot of Johnny Saint, Jim Breaks, and NOAH stuff. Iím a big, big fan of Toryumon too. I'd mark out for Skayde, but I can't track down much of his stuff.

Dougie Nunny: What would make you mark out as a little kid?
Arik Cannon: Snuka, JYD, Muta, and Cactus Jack.

Dougie Nunny: Since you are a cruiserweight, do you take any offense for the way the division is being under-utilized in WWE?
Arik Cannon: No offense taken at all. I think the last time I saw any of it was Ultimo's debut. I don't watch.

Dougie Nunny: Any reason?
Arik Cannon: Lack of interest I suppose. If I hear something like so and so had a really good match, I'll check it out if someone I know has a copy.

Dougie Nunny: So you're not going to check out the Iron man tonight?
Arik Cannon: Iron man?

Dougie Nunny: Touche. You're bored, tired, and desperate for wrestling action. What match or matches would you put on to watch?
Arik Cannon: I'll grab a tape containing one of the Kobashi/Misawa matches or some Toryumon. The Saint stuff never gets old either.

Dougie Nunny: What will wrestler(s) will you never put on?
Arik Cannon: Wow. Good question. Never thought of that.

Dougie Nunny: Thank you. So how about that answer?
Arik Cannon: I guess WWE stuff. I won't watch it when it's on; and when I want to see something, that's the last thing on my mind.

Dougie Nunny: You have been invited to compete in IWA-MS many times, have wrestled such pop culture icons as AJ Styles, and gained a sort of cult-like following. So...boxers or briefs?
Arik Cannon: Wrestling in IWA and facing guys like AJ Styles have made answering this question easy. Boxers.

Dougie Nunny: I can just imagine the ribs you're going to get on this one. Can't you?
Arik Cannon: Man, I hope nobody fucks with my shorts. [Laughs]

Click Here To Continue Reading This Interview
Dougie Nunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2004, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

ok, who are you, and what credibility do you have, and this better not be just to advertise your site either? and who the hell is arik cannon?
Old 28 Jul 2004, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

he used to write for the main page.....some big mix up or something.....I'm not sure....but it seems like a boring interview.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2004, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
he used to write for the main page.....some big mix up or something.....I'm not sure....but it seems like a boring interview.....
well i try to follow indy wrestling, but i never have heard of this guy
Old 28 Jul 2004, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Arik Cannon is a little known guy in the gymnasium circuit.....I haven't seen any of his matches, but I have read a little bit about him.....not a huge find for an interview, I don't believe.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2004, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
Arik Cannon is a little known guy in the gymnasium circuit.....I haven't seen any of his matches, but I have read a little bit about him.....not a huge find for an interview, I don't believe.....

shit he might as well interviewed Camini
Old 29 Jul 2004, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cannon actually is a pretty big name. He is in IWA-MS and MPW. He is arguably one of the most popular indy wrestlers today as he has a HUGE cult following wherever he goes.

Why did I post this? Why else do an interview if not for the people or to expose Arik. And to plug my site? Not really. The full interview is amlost 9 pages, and I don't think anyone wants to read that. If you do though, there is a link there.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 02:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie Nunny
Cannon actually is a pretty big name. He is in IWA-MS and MPW. He is arguably one of the most popular indy wrestlers today as he has a HUGE cult following wherever he goes.

Why did I post this? Why else do an interview if not for the people or to expose Arik. And to plug my site? Not really. The full interview is amlost 9 pages, and I don't think anyone wants to read that. If you do though, there is a link there.

ok i agree with you , know one wants to read 9 pages, but you didn't answer one question...who are you?
Old 29 Jul 2004, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

I have no clue who the fuck that jobber is.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2004, 04:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marbles
I have no clue who the fuck that jobber is.
which one? cannon or dougie?

oh and marbles remember that little chat about flaming in this forum, i can make an exception in this thread
Old 29 Jul 2004, 04:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Me? I used to write for PWF untill Daniel Edler pulled his pull on Deven Vickermen, and Deven bended over for him.

Now I just post my columns and interviews here.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Quote:
Me? I used to write for PWF untill Daniel Edler pulled his pull on Deven Vickermen, and Deven bended over for him.

Now I just post my columns and interviews here.
and who is Deven Vickermen, and what does he have to do with getting F'd in the A at PWF?
Old 29 Jul 2004, 07:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Deven Vickerman is the webmaster at PWF. He handles everything because the owner doesn't.

He hired me, Mike Steele, and Jordon Wright.

Then Daniel Edler told him to jump. He said "How high?" Then Edler told him to fire us.

And he did.

That's basically it.

The guy who runs the site is someone who takes orderfrom a little pussy.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Quote:
Deven Vickerman is the webmaster at PWF. He handles everything because the owner doesn't.

He hired me, Mike Steele, and Jordon Wright.

Then Daniel Edler told him to jump. He said "How high?" Then Edler told him to fire us.

And he did.

That's basically it.

The guy who runs the site is someone who takes orderfrom a little pussy.
that's odd cause Kevin is in here all the time, and is the one that takes care of the forums...but whatever