ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

*News* TNA Coming to Espn classic canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 2004, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default *News* TNA Coming to Espn classic canada

Nwatna.com:

ESPN Classic Canada to Televise TNA Wrestling

Nashville, TN (July 16, 2004) – TNA Entertainment ,LLC announced today it has signed a new one-year deal with ESPN Classic Canada providing the network with complete access to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling’s pay-per-view programming library.

ESPN Classic Canada will televise the entire TNA Wrestling collection, chronologically, every Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET (encores at 12 midnight ET, and Thursdays at 6 a.m. ET and 4 p.m. ET). The ringside action premieres Wednesday, Aug. 4 at 6 p.m. ET with TNA Wrestling’s first ever pay-per-view event from June 2002.

"TNA Wrestling's popularity continues to grow around the world, especially in Canada,” said Dixie Carter, President, TNA Entertainment. “We’re thrilled to have ESPN Classic Canada as a partner."

“Our new deal with TNA Entertainment offers wrestling fans a rare chance to revisit the birth of one of the sport’s most exciting and intense divisions,” said Phil Piazza, Director, ESPN Classic Canada. “It’s a perfect fit for our network’s Wednesday night wrestling lineup.”

TNA Wrestling’s diverse roster includes such squared circle luminaries as three-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett, veteran grappler Dusty Rhodes and ‘The Most Hated Man in America’ Jonny Fairplay of Survivor: Pearl Islands fame. Country music superstar Toby Keith, actor/comedian Chris Rock, NFL Pro-Bowler Brian Urlacher and NASCAR drivers Hermie Sadler and Sterling Marlin have made celebrity appearances during TNA Wrestling events. Wrestling legends Dory Funk Jr., Harley Race, Jackie Fargo, Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat and ‘Bullet’ Bob Armstrong have also appeared.

The alternative for the true wrestling fan, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling prides itself on delivering quality, family programming that is clean, innovative, cutting edge and with the high-risk, high-flying athleticism that TNA Wrestling is known for. Available on pay-per-view every Wednesday night at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on, iN DEMAND, and TVN as well as Viewer’s Choice, Bell ExpressVu and Shaw PPV in Canada. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling “Impact!” on Fridays at 3 p.m. on Fox Sports Net (check local listings).

ESPN Classic Canada, where the legends come to play, features great individual performances, controversial victories, huge upsets, momentous comebacks and unforgettable team dynasties. ESPN Classic Canada has encore broadcasts of the most cherished classic games and moments from the world of sports. The network has all the bases covered with baseball, basketball, hockey, football, curling, golf, wrestling, boxing, soccer, tennis, skating, Reel Classics sports movies and much more. ESPN Classic Canada's Web site is located at www.tsn.ca/classic.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2004, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

well that's great if i was canadian, but i'm not so doesn't do much for me...but i think it is good for canada, and could help TNA if they ever do expand into more thatn just the Southeastern US (meaning live shows and stuff, not the tv being broadcast)
Old 17 Jul 2004, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Good for Canada. Maybe I can cross the border on the days it is playing and catch them in an appliance store.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

aero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to aero

ive got some friends that live in canada and they say hardly anyone has that channel because its like an over priced HBO(as an example of price) So this really isnt the best of movie imo.
aero is offline   Reply With Quote