ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If Sting came back...
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2004, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!
 
DC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 15,838
Rep Power: 3194
DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default If Sting came back...

So the thread about Turner starting a wrestling fed got me thinking...

The cornerstone of WCW was always Sting..he was the franchise, forget Goldberg, hogan and flair...sting was the loyal one to the entire company. So that being said, if Sting came back (yeah i know he showed up a few times in TNA) whether it be WWE or the new Turner fed, which Sting do you want to see and why?

The Old Blonde hair Sting that had great matches with flair and won the colorful face paint or...

THe crow Sting that was dark and mysterious that wore black and looked like well the crow
__________________
looking for my sig? look harder!
DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alli the Guru
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The Crow Sting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Extreme.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,685
Rep Power: 0
Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default

The Dark Crow Sting. I liked him better like that. I rented a video a few days ago and it was Slamboree 95. Sting was in it with colourful face paint and stuff and i didnt really like it. Not the wrestling but just the way he looked. When he first came to TNA that was the first time for me seeing him wrestle as the "Crow Sting" and i liked that Sting a lot better. Keep in mind that i only liked the way he looked more, not his wrestling skill. His skills were a bit better when he had the colourful face paint but he looks better now. Im also curious to see which look Oeo likes more.

Last edited by Darkstar; 14 Jul 2004 at 05:22 PM.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?
 
Oeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,773
Rep Power: 302
Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJ
Im also curious to see which look Oeo likes more.


we'll see.....I may write about this one in a bit.....this is a subject I can spend some time on.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

Firstly, Sting is a required ingrediant for a new Ted Fed.

Secondly, Dark Sting for certain.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath
 
Corey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,618
Rep Power: 671
Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
Thumbs up Dark Definately

No matter where Sting goes he would be a huge boost......and the crow gimmick is what i would like to see
__________________




Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!

Last edited by Corey; 14 Jul 2004 at 07:16 PM.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?
 
Oeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,773
Rep Power: 302
Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

The Man Called Sting was the epitome of what WCW was when Ted Turner bought into the ‘rasslin’ business. He smiled for the camera, he kissed the girls and held the babies. Sting was what you wanted your kids to grow up to be. He was the ultimate good guy, a man that righted wrongs and stood for what was good in life. Whether he was the champion with a belt, or a wrestler without one, Sting was the face of a franchise. He was the most beloved wrestler that WCW ever had, and that included Ric Flair. Time after time he put on great matches. Time after time, he elevated the game of those around him. And, time after time, Sting reiterated the fact that nice guys finish first.

He would come to the ring with a yell to all the little Stingers out there, and I would mark out like a seven year old with a superhero friend. I first saw Sting wrestle when I was about 13. I couldn’t wait to see him wrestle in each show, and I was disappointed if he didn’t show up. In short, the Man Called Sting is a big reason why I am still a wrestling fan today. Face painted, bleached hair, chiseled muscles…..he had it all, or so it appeared. I call him The Man Called Sting while he wore the face paint because he was two distinctively different characters in his career, and this was the first one. He was kayfabe, he was the essence of sports entertainment on a much smaller scale. Sting was, in fact, ‘rasslin’.



Now, This is Sting. The second phase of Steve Borden’s career began one night on Nitro. No, it wasn’t the night he appeared in the rafters. It was the night that Scott Hall first appeared on Nitro, and Sting met him on the set, proclaiming “this is the Jungle, baby!” He still wore the original Sting’s colors, but the hair was no longer bleached, no longer short. And before long, he had changed. He was still the most popular wrestler the WCW had. Yes, Sting was more popular than Hogan, more than Flair, more than Savage, Hall, Nash and Goldberg. He was still the man that made women’s hearts quiver and men wish they could be like him.

Appearing in the rafters, singlehandedly taking down the faction that had invaded his company, he became the grown up version of Sting. He still would flash the smile on occasion, but not as often. He still was the ultimate hero, the good guy to end all evil, but now he did it on a bigger stage. Now he was a national, prime time hero. He was the reason that people tuned in at ten o’clock to see the overrun. It wasn’t to see who Hogan and Nash were going to spray paint. No, it was to see if Sting would drop from the ceiling and destroy the New World Order. This was the adult Sting. This was the man that dads could tell their son to look at as a role model. The same dads that had watched the Man Called Sting early on. Sting had taken on a greater role, a greater responsibility. He did it with pride, yet with a sense of humility as well. He was a character ripped from a movie, yet he was bigger than that. He was bigger, in fact, than the N.W.O. He, the Man Called Sting, became simply Sting. He became WCW. He became the greatest Entertainment Source in WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT.

"When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies.....and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of that once Great Man has risen a curse. A wrong that must be righted. He looked to the skies for a vindicator. Someone to strike fear in the black hearts of the same men who created him. The battle between good and evil has begun. Against an army of shadows comes a dark warrior. The prevailer of good with a voice of silence and a mission of justice..........

THIS..... IS..... STING......"


I will never in my life forget the Nitro when this first happened.....




I admired him as a youngster, I respect him as an adult. And I will always remember…..the Man Called Sting as my favorite wrestler of all time.

(but the Crow character is a darned good one)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sting16.jpg (25.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: gif sting767.gif (12.5 KB, 15 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?
 
Oeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,773
Rep Power: 302
Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

by the way, that was just a mark speaking.....I'll be glad to back up points if need be, and I would relish any argument if someone wants to say Stinger isn't top three all time Sports Entertainers.....

bring it if you got it.....but you ain't got it, trust me......
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath
 
Corey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,618
Rep Power: 671
Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
by the way, that was just a mark speaking.....I'll be glad to back up points if need be, and I would relish any argument if someone wants to say Stinger isn't top three all time Sports Entertainers.....

bring it if you got it.....but you ain't got it, trust me......
agreed.....every time i saw the man i was entertained......he is an icon and if ted's fed wants to be successful they will need the man called sting.
__________________




Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

While that was naturally biased over the other mentioned wrestlers in your post, it is of course understandable and it was still a good post.

If I felt the need, I would 'bring it'. But he is one of the top wrestlers yes.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.

Last edited by Crimson; 14 Jul 2004 at 07:34 PM.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?
 
Oeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,773
Rep Power: 302
Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

^^ahhh.....notice, I said top three entertainers.....regardless, I do tend to mark a bit when it comes to Sting.....of course, I do over two others as well.....

it's all good, though.....thanks for the compliment about the post.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Extreme.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,685
Rep Power: 0
Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
The Man Called Sting was the epitome of what WCW was when Ted Turner bought into the ‘rasslin’ business. He smiled for the camera, he kissed the girls and held the babies. Sting was what you wanted your kids to grow up to be. He was the ultimate good guy, a man that righted wrongs and stood for what was good in life. Whether he was the champion with a belt, or a wrestler without one, Sting was the face of a franchise. He was the most beloved wrestler that WCW ever had, and that included Ric Flair. Time after time he put on great matches. Time after time, he elevated the game of those around him. And, time after time, Sting reiterated the fact that nice guys finish first.

He would come to the ring with a yell to all the little Stingers out there, and I would mark out like a seven year old with a superhero friend. I first saw Sting wrestle when I was about 13. I couldn’t wait to see him wrestle in each show, and I was disappointed if he didn’t show up. In short, the Man Called Sting is a big reason why I am still a wrestling fan today. Face painted, bleached hair, chiseled muscles…..he had it all, or so it appeared. I call him The Man Called Sting while he wore the face paint because he was two distinctively different characters in his career, and this was the first one. He was kayfabe, he was the essence of sports entertainment on a much smaller scale. Sting was, in fact, ‘rasslin’.



Now, This is Sting. The second phase of Steve Borden’s career began one night on Nitro. No, it wasn’t the night he appeared in the rafters. It was the night that Scott Hall first appeared on Nitro, and Sting met him on the set, proclaiming “this is the Jungle, baby!” He still wore the original Sting’s colors, but the hair was no longer bleached, no longer short. And before long, he had changed. He was still the most popular wrestler the WCW had. Yes, Sting was more popular than Hogan, more than Flair, more than Savage, Hall, Nash and Goldberg. He was still the man that made women’s hearts quiver and men wish they could be like him.

Appearing in the rafters, singlehandedly taking down the faction that had invaded his company, he became the grown up version of Sting. He still would flash the smile on occasion, but not as often. He still was the ultimate hero, the good guy to end all evil, but now he did it on a bigger stage. Now he was a national, prime time hero. He was the reason that people tuned in at ten o’clock to see the overrun. It wasn’t to see who Hogan and Nash were going to spray paint. No, it was to see if Sting would drop from the ceiling and destroy the New World Order. This was the adult Sting. This was the man that dads could tell their son to look at as a role model. The same dads that had watched the Man Called Sting early on. Sting had taken on a greater role, a greater responsibility. He did it with pride, yet with a sense of humility as well. He was a character ripped from a movie, yet he was bigger than that. He was bigger, in fact, than the N.W.O. He, the Man Called Sting, became simply Sting. He became WCW. He became the greatest Entertainment Source in WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT.

"When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies.....and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of that once Great Man has risen a curse. A wrong that must be righted. He looked to the skies for a vindicator. Someone to strike fear in the black hearts of the same men who created him. The battle between good and evil has begun. Against an army of shadows comes a dark warrior. The prevailer of good with a voice of silence and a mission of justice..........

THIS..... IS..... STING......"


I will never in my life forget the Nitro when this first happened.....




I admired him as a youngster, I respect him as an adult. And I will always remember…..the Man Called Sting as my favorite wrestler of all time.

(but the Crow character is a darned good one)
Great post, Oeo. I agree with everything you said. I didnt watch too many of his matches because i wasnt into wrestling that much. I only watched WCW a few times with my dad. I saw a few segments with Sting and i kinda liked him, but i didnt like wrestling then. I was very young...probably 7 or 8. I started to get into watching wrestling but my step dad wouldnt let me...i always liked Sting and he is one reason why i got into wrestling. (At that time my step dad didnt care if i watched it.) BTW, Oeo. If you remember, What year was it when Sting came from under the ring while Eric Bishoff was giving a promo? Im just curious because thats one of the first times ever seeing him for me.

Last edited by Darkstar; 14 Jul 2004 at 07:35 PM.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
^^ahhh.....notice, I said top three entertainers.....regardless, I do tend to mark a bit when it comes to Sting.....of course, I do over two others as well.....

it's all good, though.....thanks for the compliment about the post.....

I mark for Hogan all the time. That is why I understood.

But when you say top three entertainers, you mean in all forms, like movies and music included? Because if you are rankning him that high, nah, he wasn't that great.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.

Last edited by Crimson; 14 Jul 2004 at 07:39 PM.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?
 
Oeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,773
Rep Power: 302
Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

not sure exactly when you are wanting to know about, Darkstar.....he took almost a full year for the "evolution" from one character to the other, and he began taking out the nWo in 97-98....Bischoff was the lead for a time period in 97 mostly, so probably it was around then.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
''Shel-o-Mac'''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
''Shel-o-Mac'' is on a distinguished road
Default

The Stinger is easily,unquestionably one of the top 5 greatest wrestlers of ALL TIME! He has it all,speed,strength,style,charisma,mic-skills,wrestling abilty. I'm willing to bet any amount of money that Sting can outwrestle 95% of guys in the business today,including the jokes that Dumbass McMahon is trying to pass off as stars today in the WWF.


I am all for a Sting return,but I as a fan want it to be in a federation where he will be respected and portrayed as the living legend and indeed ICON of this sport that he truly is and not as part of another cruel joke purpotrated by Vince McMahon to cast yet another WCW superstar as a washed-up,nothing happening has-been whose only purpose in McMahon's warped mind is to be ridiculed,mocked,humilated,punked out by any sap off the street,let alone any WWF Created Superstar solely under the auspices of propogating WWF superiority as has been the case with DDP,Booker T,{still is},Ric Flair,{why the hell did he ever join WWF in the first place},Scott Steiner,{buried by both Vince and that bitch son-in law of his,HHH because they could'nt bear to see a heel with more skill and charisma take over Prince Hunter's perceived spot. Fighting for the WCW World Title at one of the 2 biggest WWF ppv's of the year,at the Royal Rumble and then left off of 3 consecutive ppv's including WrestleMania and fighting six months over the same woman that a blind man could tell was going to jump with him,Stacy Keibler in a feud with Test? Bullshit!},Curt Hennig,Scott Hall,Kevin Nash,Kidman,and Goldberg.


Sting's place in wrestling in the new milllenium should be in Ted Turner's federation NOT Vince McMahon because McMahon does'nt deserve him or any other WCW Icons. Period.
''Shel-o-Mac'' is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sting/WWE Looking Better, Possible Debut Date For Sting Slash World Wrestling Entertainment 3 15 Apr 2003 06:48 PM
Lakers 3 time back to back to back champions of the world....... Undertaker Sports 12 20 Nov 2002 07:57 PM
sting wwe????? kaneonites World Wrestling Entertainment 13 03 Nov 2002 01:36 PM
Sting s come back : WWA Tour Of England Matthew Bellamy General Wrestling 1 02 Nov 2002 12:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.