ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Hogan 2004

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default Hogan 2004

Does Hogan still have something to offer wrestling? The man is 52. Yet still, he exudes cool heirarchy. He can still command an audience. So what do you think?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

If he does it SHOULD NOT be in an active wrestling role. The man is a legend and I'm sure could still give plenty as a manager, GM, or some other type of on-air role. The people do love to see him so keeping him on-air wouldn't be bad for the company. Putting him in the ring, especially with the championship belt on him, would be the worst thing. At 52 the man has no business main eventing week in and week out. The only way he should ME is to put over some younger talent and it should be VERY occasionally as too much of that and it would ruin his legendary status(not to mention make Terry throw a hissy fit backstage).

So in conclusion I wouldn't mind seeing Hogan on TV again...but I swear to God I will never watch that promotion again if he gets into the title hunt.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie
If he does it SHOULD NOT be in an active wrestling role. The man is a legend and I'm sure could still give plenty as a manager, GM, or some other type of on-air role. The people do love to see him so keeping him on-air wouldn't be bad for the company. Putting him in the ring, especially with the championship belt on him, would be the worst thing. At 52 the man has no business main eventing week in and week out. The only way he should ME is to put over some younger talent and it should be VERY occasionally as too much of that and it would ruin his legendary status(not to mention make Terry throw a hissy fit backstage).

So in conclusion I wouldn't mind seeing Hogan on TV again...but I swear to God I will never watch that promotion again if he gets into the title hunt.
My thinking is that he could be a faction leader with limted ring time, but with some ring time, yes.

He should NEVER put over new talent as all that does is diminish his legend outright.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

NO. the man is one of the greatest of all times, but we have seen him back too many times, just gets boring, he says the same things in interviews, and cant wrestle. but i would like to see him back for a one time appearance at a big event.

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return OfSP
NO. the man is one of the greatest of all times, but we have seen him back too many times, just gets boring, he says the same things in interviews, and cant wrestle. but i would like to see him back for a one time appearance at a big event.
I remember when he recieved the 15 minute ovation in Canada just two years back. That is power of presence. I think that can still be used. Hell, he should be Turners President of the federation.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
My thinking is that he could be a faction leader with limted ring time, but with some ring time, yes.

He should NEVER put over new talent as all that does is diminish his legend outright.
I agree with the 2nd paragraph. I'd like to see him as a manager with no time in the ring at all. He isn't good and I'd hate to see him with RFS.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson

you cant really say that because though he may be a legend and there is no doubting that he is but you shouldnt also always favor him just because of that and put down possible new era hoganesque legends or franchise workers
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara
you cant really say that because though he may be a legend and there is no doubting that he is but you shouldnt also always favor him just because of that and put down possible new era hoganesque legends or franchise workers
I can always favor him as long as I see things fairly. This is fair to me....

If a newcomer wants formidability he should prove himself over time, through the same process as most go through. Not by shortcutting through the biggest name in the industry. The kid is unproven, and Hogan has paid his dues enough to not have to hold a wrestlers hand and lay down for him.

Now Hogan is more willing than I would have him be as he has laid down for wrestlers in 2002. But he had his limits and when Vince required that he do it continually, Hogan stepped out.

On the other side, there have been pivotal moments when I loss was necessary, and Hogan as a villain was a disguised method to boosting so many wrestlers. Hogan lost to Sting and Goldberg in 97 and 98 and I saw that as productive. But that must be saved only for the truly worthy, not just any and all comers.

Last edited by Crimson; 12 Jul 2004 at 09:52 PM.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

well I am not saying taking someone like maven or tyson tomko who have proven absolutely nothing and have them going over hogan but I am talking about people who have had some success already. I am not even really talking about jobbing but I dont think he should really slaughter them either but up at least some form of a real fight, and if he happens to be willing to job thats fine but I wouldn't force him too
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Quote:
well I am not saying taking someone like maven or tyson tomko who have proven absolutely nothing and have them going over hogan but I am talking about people who have had some success already. I am not even really talking about jobbing but I dont think he should really slaughter them either but up at least some form of a real fight, and if he happens to be willing to job thats fine but I wouldn't force him too
Oh I don't want to see any slaughters either. I think really close fights are better for all involved.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

close fights would benefit eachother greatly he would still come out of top and it would show the world the rookie can take hogan to his limit
Old 13 Jul 2004, 12:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Quote:
close fights would benefit eachother greatly he would still come out of top and it would show the world the rookie can take hogan to his limit
Absolutely.