ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you think Ted Turner will do it?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default Do you think Ted Turner will do it?

Reportrs say his discussions are serious on starting a new federation. Do you think Turner will do it? With Vince's company running weak, now is the time.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
Spear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taylorville, IL
Posts: 11,017
Rep Power: 2502
Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default

Of course he'll do it. And with the WWE in as bad a shape as it is, his new one might give Vince more of a run for his money than WCW did.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg_Spear
Of course he'll do it. And with the WWE in as bad a shape as it is, his new one might give Vince more of a run for his money than WCW did.
The thing is, because Vince thought Tunrer was all gone, he burned a lot of bridges by punishing ex WCW talent. Now that looks to bite Vince in the throat in the long run.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath
 
Corey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,618
Rep Power: 671
Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
Default

i think another federation would be perfect......wrestling was alot better when there was competition
__________________




Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Docta
i think another federation would be perfect......wrestling was alot better when there was competition

You're so right. Lack of competition brought Vince's brand way down.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath
 
Corey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,618
Rep Power: 671
Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
You're so right. Lack of competition brought Vince's brand way down.
i know.....think about it....the whole attitude era came about when wcw was in full swing......as soon as wwe bought out wcw the wwe went straight down the shitter
__________________




Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Docta
i know.....think about it....the whole attitude era came about when wcw was in full swing......as soon as wwe bought out wcw the wwe went straight down the shitter
What blows my mind is what WWE is passing for sports entertainment currently! It is so obvious that Vince has burned bridges. He primed to get his ass kicked by a major competitor.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 04:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people
 
Toof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,665
Rep Power: 140
Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default

Ted Turner will do it. As of right now it's a great opportunity for a fed like TNA or maybe this one Ted is planning to come out. The WWE is at a all time low and I mean this financially and morally. Most of the roster is not pleased althou you wont hear them complaining loudly. The backstage politics are running rampant on the company and the double standards are even worse. I know for sure if a company comes out on network with a high amount of viewers the WWE will cease to exist in less than six months. Vince doesn't have money to fight them toe to toe right now since his fortune is miniscule right now loosing more than 500 million in less than 3 years.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osama Bin Daddy
Ted Turner will do it. As of right now it's a great opportunity for a fed like TNA or maybe this one Ted is planning to come out. The WWE is at a all time low and I mean this financially and morally. Most of the roster is not pleased althou you wont hear them complaining loudly. The backstage politics are running rampant on the company and the double standards are even worse. I know for sure if a company comes out on network with a high amount of viewers the WWE will cease to exist in less than six months. Vince doesn't have money to fight them toe to toe right now since his fortune is miniscule right now loosing more than 500 million in less than 3 years.
Vince really should hand the reigns over to his son.

I can't see TNA getting strong enough in fast enough time, but I still see them sticking around and growing slowly.

As for Turner, he is the likely candidate for blowing WWE out of the water. With his money, he can produce instant fed, and in full force.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 6,444
Rep Power: 560
Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK
Default

I definately see him doing it right now is the perfect time to strike but he has to do it correctly and think it out thoroughly. There is a huge pool of talent out there that he can get but he has to get the ones that won't turn out to be bitchy little babies and he cant put the company in the hands of someone who would create kwee wee or the wrestler formerly known as prince iakea, he also and this is serious he needs to definately stay away from rehashing old gimmicks such as the nWo or the Four Horseman and keep sports stars and actors as far away from inside of the ring as possible. He needs to let the past venture into wrestling be a learning expierance see where he let himself get lazy and not let him do it again. I am definately looking forward to him doing this.
__________________
Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara
I definately see him doing it right now is the perfect time to strike but he has to do it correctly and think it out thoroughly. There is a huge pool of talent out there that he can get but he has to get the ones that won't turn out to be bitchy little babies and he cant put the company in the hands of someone who would create kwee wee or the wrestler formerly known as prince iakea, he also and this is serious he needs to definately stay away from rehashing old gimmicks such as the nWo or the Four Horseman and keep sports stars and actors as far away from inside of the ring as possible. He needs to let the past venture into wrestling be a learning expierance see where he let himself get lazy and not let him do it again. I am definately looking forward to him doing this.

Yes, note to Mr Turner: Do not hire Vince Russo..EVER!

Unless he buys WCW back from Vince, he cannot revive NWO or the Four Horsemen, although I believe those are two factions that transend beyond old gimmickery. They should be expirationless, but required to evolve.

Although, older factions are not required to get the legends back together again. But if you make a legend faction, like IMO, Hogan, Sting, Goldberg, and DDP, you have to make sure that you are still careful with the name and design. Or you'll have another Millionares Club.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!
 
DC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 15,838
Rep Power: 3193
DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default

I will post on this more later...but


I read somewhere that Turner has a no compete deal signed as far as the Turner Stations can't broadcast wrestling until 2006...have to look into that..if that is the case then all this isn't worth shit..i don't see turner starting a wrestling company if he can't have the show on the turner stations i mean really how dumb is that...but if he can i do see him getting back into the game of wrasslin and it would give another option for guys to go to...competition makes things better!
__________________
looking for my sig? look harder!
DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!
 
Trevelbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 2833
Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
I will post on this more later...but


I read somewhere that Turner has a no compete deal signed as far as the Turner Stations can't broadcast wrestling until 2006...have to look into that..if that is the case then all this isn't worth shit..i don't see turner starting a wrestling company if he can't have the show on the turner stations i mean really how dumb is that...but if he can i do see him getting back into the game of wrasslin and it would give another option for guys to go to...competition makes things better!
No compete till April 2006...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 6,444
Rep Power: 560
Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Yes, note to Mr Turner: Do not hire Vince Russo..EVER!

Unless he buys WCW back from Vince, he cannot revive NWO or the Four Horsemen, although I believe those are two factions that transend beyond old gimmickery. They should be expirationless, but required to evolve.

Although, older factions are not required to get the legends back together again. But if you make a legend faction, like IMO, Hogan, Sting, Goldberg, and DDP, you have to make sure that you are still careful with the name and design. Or you'll have another Millionares Club.


thats one thing we cant have is a superberg type gimmick that at the begining was a good thing but they let it run too long and now pretty much have another warrior type egomaniac loose. Goldberg was one of the worst creations ever made. I agree with you on not hiring Russo though, he needs to find someone with a thrill for the genre not someone who looked and to me purposefully tried to do everything he could to destroy WCW. One stable I did like though was New Blood, the problem I saw with the latter years of wcw is they just went too extreme with such ignorant gimmicks, angles, and stables it was just way too damn many you have New Blood, nWo the 24th, Team Canada, constantly hinting at another 4 Horseman. It was just too much that they were trying to cram down peoples throats at one time
__________________
Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2004, 07:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
You are beneath me
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 513
Rep Power: 35
Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
No compete till April 2006...
Actually it is, from my resources, March of 2005, which gives him the right amount of time for building stages.
__________________
Forum bullies that attack in groups online are the weakest variety of human beings you can find.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ike Turner Dead Forgotten Sin Entertainment 11 15 Dec 2007 04:54 AM
Turner to Titans? Exo Sports 3 03 Apr 2007 05:41 PM
Fucking Norv Turner... Rebel Sports 35 09 Feb 2007 08:11 PM
The Second Coming of Ike Turner (VH1) Dade Entertainment 0 01 Apr 2005 12:57 PM
Ted Turner to buy his own NHL franchise? Mr. Marbles Sports 4 12 Oct 2002 07:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.