ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

*spoilers*Smackdown, Paul London comes up big

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2004, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default *spoilers*Smackdown, Paul London comes up big

WWE Smackdown tapings
July 7, 2004
Winnipeg, Manitoba at the Arena
Report by Robert Dalton, PWTorch.com correspondent

First off, I'm sorry if all these aren't in the correct order, but I'll try

(1) Rob Van Dam beat Mark Jindrak. Rene Dupree comes to ringside for CC. Jindrak jumps RVD from behind before he can acknowledge the crowd! Jindrak pretty much has control of the match until he misses RVD in the corner, and then from there, RVD does the kick from the corner, Rolling Thunder and does the split-legged moonsault from the top rope for the pin.

JBL is interviewed by Josh Matthews and JBL announces that he's gonna participate in a Champion vs. champion match, JBL vs. the champion of Mexico, (couldn't hear his name as the crowd was soooo loud) but he was on the show about a month or two ago. Actually funny stuff, it's worth watching!

Kenzo Suzuki cuts a promo (through translator of course) on John Cena saying that he dishonored him, and said he was more of an American and finally spoke some English by saying "God Blessed of America."

(2) Kidman & Paul London beat The Dudley Boyz to capture the WWE Tag Team Titles. Dudleys pretty much had control of this match, till they tried the Wasssup headbut, but London pushed D-Von off the top rope, and Kidman reversed Bubba and London did the headbutt. Kidman goes to the top and does the Shooting Star Press for the win. And yes, we have new tag champs!

John Cena comes out for a promo and pretty much disses Booker T, making a reference to him looking like Whoopi Goldberg. Then Kenzo Suzuki's music hits and he comes to the ring, and Cena and him go at it. Cena finally ends it by clotheslining Suzuki over the top rope. Cena does his best Karate Kid impersonation but that ends as Luther Reigns comes in and does his finisher. He stands over him and then leaves the ring.

Backstage Kidman & London are celebrating with all the mid-carders but they run into the Dudleys. The Dudleys extend a handshake and it is returned

Charlie Haas comes to the ring and Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns appear on the Titan Tron and Angle says that he has to be punished for what he did last week. Luther says because he stuck his nose into somebody else's business, Haas will be suspended for one week and will return to face Luther Reigns

(3) Bradshaw beat The Mexican Champion to a no contest. It starts off with the Mexican avoiding JBL and making fun of him, but finally gets caught. From there on JBL totally squashed him. He tossed him on the outside, but then another guy with a mask came from behind and tossed JBL over the top rope and put a banana peel in the middle of the ring (totally hilarious). Then the two masked men trade places, and JBL gets in the ring and can't pin the masked man. JBL gets suspicious and realizes it could be Eddie. JBL runs, but not before "Eddie" grabs the mic and says that "he's known Eddie for a long time and knows that Eddie will become WWE champion next week." The two masked men leave celebrating

Josh Matthews asks how Paul Heyman feels about the Dudleys losing the titles. Heyman says he doesn't care and he's got worse things to worry about, and he'll take care of it in the ring now!

Paul Heyman comes to the ring and has a speech prepared, saying that he doesn't deserve to be tortured by the Undertaker and that it was the Dudleys Boyz plan to abduct Paul Bearer and he had nothing to do with it. He then said that he is returning the urn to the Undertaker in exchange for a "Pass." Heyman places the Urn on the ring mat. But no Undertaker!

Backstage the Dudleys talk to Spike and are wanting to give him advice on his six-man tag match. Spike says, "Last week you were tag champs, and I didn't take your advice. What makes you think I'll want it now?"

(4) Akio & Chavo Jr. & Jamie Noble beat Spike Dudley & Scotty 2 Hotty & Rey Mysterio Jr. I pretty much missed parts of this match as some kids in front of me would not quit jumping up a nd down. But I did see Scotty finally get the Worm on Chavo. In the end, Jamie got the victory by pinfall.

Backstage Booker T says He's ready for this match and that he'll make Cena pay for referring him to Whoopi Goldberg.

(5) John Cena fought Booker T and ended up stripped of the U.S. Title. Booker T comes out, and then John Cena comes out to an enormous ovation only topped by Chris Jericho the night before. Cena came out wearing a Winnipeg Jets jersey. Too many people in front of me for me to recognize the number or name on the back, though. Before the match starts. Kurt Angle's music hits and out comes Angle and Reigns. Booker T gets the advantage early and doesn't let up. Cena gets his punches in, but this match belongs to Booker T. Cena Gets tossed to the outside where Angle manages to get to his feet and beats Cena with his Crutch. Cena and Booker then get into the ring, where Booker applies every technical move known to man. Cena comes back with a spinebuster, and the knuckle shuffle or whatever it's called. Booker rolls to the outside and Cena follows. Booker is punched and lands by Angle. Cena runs and clotheslines Angle, then takes the crutch and spears Reigns with it. Cena gets into the ring with Booker T and is about to deliver the FU but Reigns comes in and attacks Cena. Angle screams for Reigns to help him up and to bring the U.S. Title. Angle said that he warned Cena not to do stuff like that and with the WWE Board of Governors by his side, he now stripped John Cena of the U.S. Title!

I think this is where the filming stopped. Booker T jumped Cena and beat him down. He did the Spinaroonie, but got up and Cena gave him the FU. Cena then thanked the crowd for being the last great event at the Winnipeg Arena, and like Edge the night before, got us to start a five minute "Go Jets Go" chant.

All in all it was a great show with some good storylines. Only sad part was, there was no Undertaker.
Old 07 Jul 2004, 02:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

ecuse me for a sec: ahem

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

the wwe finally did something right with Paul london, and i coulden't be happier. at last, something to look forward to on SD again. though it's doubtful they'll hold them for long, it gives london a chance to be on tv more without being a jobber.

Congrats vince

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2004, 07:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

^I'm not too happy... he's not a tag wrestler... but TV time is TV time, and gold is gold...
Old 07 Jul 2004, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

That Paul London news makes me real happy.
Old 07 Jul 2004, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Paul London is a champion of a division that doesn't even exist, who cares......What they are doing to the tag divisions and the titles in them, is a very sad thing. I hope London doesn't get his contract re-signed when its time. Because as of this moment, I have no memories of him for the past year since being in the WWE, and most likly after they lose these titles in a week or two, we won't be seeing him in any real angle anytime soon. I'd rather pay the 15 bucks and watch him in an ROH ring.......

SD looks okay, I don't normally read spoilers but I won't be around tomw. anyways.......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2004, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
X-Division Champion

Andy182 is on a distinguished road

paul london and kidman champs BUT cena lost oh well , londons better anyway
Old 07 Jul 2004, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Like Dre Said...London And Kidman Win Gold...Pfft...Now hopefully all you people will shut up for two minutes..now that he's got gold..
Old 07 Jul 2004, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
Like Dre Said...London And Kidman Win Gold...Pfft...Now hopefully all you people will shut up for two minutes..now that he's got gold..
Hey man... whoa... Dre didn't say for everyone to shut up... and they weren't after gold, either... they were after London being on TV at least to show off his better-than-Mysterio talents...
Old 07 Jul 2004, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
IC Champion

Carlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Carlito Cool Send a message via Yahoo to Carlito Cool

I say cheers to this weeks SD! for finally bein' something good to look forward to.Especially after getting a friggin' migraine from this weeks Raw.
Carlito Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2004, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ka$h Forums is on a distinguished road
Default Billy Kidman and Paul London

If you don't want to be spoiled, do NOT scroll down

As you might know, on the SmackDown spoilers, the new tag team champions are none other than Billy Kidman and Paul London. Am I the ONLY one who thinks this is a pretty bad move by the WWE. Why? Let me explain...

When was the last time we have viewed Billy Kidman and Paul London on SmackDown, or as a tag team performing? I don't know exactly, but I am predicting the last time we saw them was three or four months ago, or even more.

Billy Kidman and Paul London have just popped out of no where and won the tag team titles this past week on SmackDown. This isn't a very good move by the WWE. Billy Kidman and Paul London have came out of no where! No establishment as a tag team for a long period of time, no hype, NOTHING! Isn't this basically the EXACT same thing why internet fans have been furious over the controversy of JBL's mainevent push. The Billy Kidman and Paul London situation is no different to the Bradshaw push, except for the fact that JBL was pushed to mainevent.

I'll post more LATER!

Click My BANNER!

Click To Join Ka$h Forums!!!!
KASH FORUMS- Join Up, we've got 10 NEW SKINS!!! Some awesome avatars and vBulletin 3.0.0!
Ka$h Forums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2004, 10:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

We have a spoiler thread, and if I am not mistaken this has already been posted.
Old 07 Jul 2004, 10:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
IC Champion

Carlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Carlito Cool Send a message via Yahoo to Carlito Cool

yea,quit re-posting shit that's already been posted.Also, post it in the News,Spoilers,and Rumors one.Not this one.That's why they put that there.
Carlito Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2004, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Ka$h I know you don't post here a lot, so allow me to show you the spoiler room.....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2004, 12:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

He's Been doing it a whole fucking lot lately..
Old 09 Jul 2004, 06:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Secret Agent

^I know... he's a walking advertisement.