ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Are certain pro wrestling styles superior to others?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2004, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Oldschool Dream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are certain pro wrestling styles superior to others?

Now when I say superior I mean more impressive to watch than another style, not more dominating. I've watched a fair share of wrestling in my day and I've come to realize that my taste of what I want in a wrestling match changes from time to time. At some points I like to watch a theatrical style of wrestling where the wrestlers tell a story by trying to overcome their opponents strengths by taking advantage of their weaknesses and really work on a limb. Other times I enjoy watching insane luchadores fly through the air and do crazy acrobatic moves even though the psychology may not be as good. Other times it can be fun to watch a spot fest to see some brutal bumps and guys going through tables. While at other times it's fun to watch guys just beat the hell out of eachother with weapons. Now I don't know if it makes me a mark for liking some of these styles which is why I'm asking you all. Do you guys favor one kind of wrestling and try to avoid any other? Or are some of you like me and enjoy many different styles of pro wrestling if they are done correctly?
Oldschool Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool Dream
Or are some of you like me and enjoy many different styles of pro wrestling if they are done correctly?
Im like that.

It depends what kind of wrestling i feel like watching. Usually, just technical but mostly hardcore, sometimes "spot fests" like table matches are good too. I also enjoy different styles of wrestling when i know that the two or more wrestlers are good. Like if i wanted to watch technical wrestling then i would want a Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit because i know there good at it. Its hard to explain but usually i like almost all styles of wrestling matches, if i want to see a great TLC match..(spot match) then i wouldnt want some heavyweights that cant fly off the ladders and do crazy shit. What im saying is i like a lot of different styles of wrestling but i want good wrestlers to be in that type of match.

Last edited by Darkstar; 29 Jun 2004 at 08:51 PM.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Triditional Style wrestling is the best style. It is the style that has all styles mixed into one. Guys like Arn Anderson and Ric Flair wrestled these kinds of matches. Matches where there is a bit of everything tied into the match to draw it out and make it enjoyable along the way. That is my favorite kind of wrestling, but I like them all. Though depending on who you talk to they will say technical wrestling is superior to hardkore wrestling......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2004, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Any kind for me, I just don't like it slow, I hate REst moves, I can stand up to at the most 3 rest moves in a Match but if you go over that I continually groan until something interesting happens. I'm okay with technical wrestling, okay with Spot fests and hardcore and I'm fine with Traditional wrestling which is kinda simular to technical but with less arm drags and arm bars.....

I love wrestling, I just like to mix them up and have fun watching.....