ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

New Match Types?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jun 2004, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Captain_Strange is on a distinguished road
Default New Match Types?

I really don't like overblown gimmick matches (*cough* Raven *cough*) but I am a fan of the off rule twist here and there, and I was wondering if anyone else has come up with any?

Of my ideas, my favourite was the Ironman Tag Team Table Match. Pretty self-explanatory, it's used when The Dudleys challenge someone to a table match, but piss off the GM, so he/she sets the rules up: whichever team puts their opponent through the most tables within 30 minutes (or an hour if they felt cocky) wins. Wrestlers must be put through by an offensive move for it to count, and only one table counts per move.
Captain_Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2004, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Proud TNA Supporter

Direct has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Direct

Ken Shamrocks Lion Den.. classic gimmick type match

NOVEMBER 16, 2006 - 9:00PM ON SPIKETV
Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2004, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

I remembered another - the ladder & scaffold match (I call it the Stairway To Heaven Match). A thin scaffold is put above the ring, and the belt hangs just above there. The match starts in the ring - you have to climb the ladder onto the scaffold, then grab the belt.

Basically, it'd just be a nice twist on the TLC match - remember when E&C won the WM2000 TLC match with a table between two ladders?

And just *what* was the gimmick in the lion den anyway? Wasn't it just a really, really small UFC ring?

It'd be nice to see more multi-ring matches. Perhaps the NWA could have a four-sided and six-sided ring for some PPVs, and then a hardcore match that could spill from one to the other ...
Old 27 Jun 2004, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Oh - and I remembered another one.

In a fantasy wrestling organisation, I suggested a Hardcore-themed PPV where we have an all-night-long anywhere fall elimination match. Basically, they start in the ring, but it quickly spills out of the arena into the back, so the they continue with the next match.

Then, in between matches (and even during one or two) people spill out to continue the match, or you get video cuts of fights backstage.

Finally, before the headline match, any remaining members get thirty seconds to return to the ring to finish the match.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

i have a couple of ideas----
one is the 6 man hell in a cell, but with the twist that it is an iron man match. the timelimit could vary, depending on which participants are in it. (no way taker or brashaw could last 60 minutes)

the second is what i'd call the "riot match"
there are any number of wrestlers, with no-dq, fall-count-anywhere rules. the first guy to score a fall is "it". if he gets pinned, then the guy who pinned him is "it" but the guy who got pinned stays in the match.

wrestlers are eliminated by being pinned by the guy who is already "it"

when it gets down to 3 guys, its standard elimination. what i think would make this match cool is the idea of all th wrestlers fighting all through the crowd, and something happening just a few yard away from each block of seats as they tear each other apart.

the third is the "double title 4 way match" 2 guys from each brand, and 2 are champs. if a champ wins he gets bot belts, if challenger wins, he gets the belt from the brand of the guy he pinned.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER

Last edited by 'tin Man; 30 Jun 2004 at 02:50 PM.
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 11:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

I think there should be a Ice Cream sundae match where it is divas verses wrestlers and whatever diva they pin they gat to eat ice cream toppings off of them. I pity the fool that pins Mae Young.
Old 03 Aug 2004, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Yankee

Crossface is on a distinguished road

My idea is a 30-Minute Iron Man Tag Team Table Match. Rules: whichever team puts their opponents through the most tables within 30 minutes wins.
Crossface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossface
My idea is a 30-Minute Iron Man Tag Team Table Match. Rules: whichever team puts their opponents through the most tables within 30 minutes wins.
i believe that idea was already said

Sidenote: Sting > Gimmick Matches
Old 03 Aug 2004, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I would like to see a Hardcore Iron Man Match. The 2 opponents would fight all over the arena for 1 hour, person with the most pins win.

A Hanging Match- The first person to hang there opponent wins the match.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 06:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

how about a get all the crappy wrestlers and put them in a battle royal match...

each time you get thrown out you get fired from the WWE, then the winner gets a lifetime contract to wrestle on Velocity for as long as that program stays on the air.
Old 03 Aug 2004, 11:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
I have a HUGE MANGINA!

Mangina is on a distinguished road

I would love to see a buck naked match, similar to the idea portrayed by XPW at last year's FreeFall event. Only this time, we wanna get to actually see the titties.

Quote:
Jack and Jill went up the hill
And planned to do some kissing
Jack made a pass,
and grabbed her ass
And now two of his teeth are missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
LMFAO. Camini finally did something that is hilarious
^^ finally some respect

I HAVE A HUGE MANGINA!!! OH MAN IT'S SO LOOSE YOU CAN DRIVE TRI'S TRUCK THROUGH IT!!! OH MAN I LIKE HAVING TRUCKS IN MY MANGINA IT FEELS SO GOOD CAUSE THATS THE ONLY THING THAT FITS IN MY HUGE LOOSE MANGINA!!!
Mangina is offline   Reply With Quote