ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

The Six Sided Ring, and other differences........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jun 2004, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default The Six Sided Ring, and other differences........

So I know that a few more people around here might have been able to see TNA now. My question is what do you think of the six sided ring. It is diffenantly different from anything that I have seen. I heard about it for a long time down in Mexico, but never really seened a whole show with it. Do you think it is a good thing, and do you like how it makes for more room in the ring, and more high flying wrestling matches.

Also what are people thoughts on how TNA came off more as a sports program then an entertainment specticle. When I say that I'm talking about the bar that goes across the top of the screan. That has the match discription, and the time limit of the match visable. Making it so that it is more like compitition like, UFC and Pride. Also does having the Judges at ringside, to determine the winner if the time limit comes up, make it seem more realistic.

The disqualification stipulation where the Champion can lose their title, does the make more sense anyways, being as it make for no excusses......

And lastly, does NWA putting out power rankings on their division make you want to route for the wrestlers more. I know whenever I see rankings it makes me get into something more then normal. Because I know where they stand.....

Last edited by Dre; 05 Jun 2004 at 11:52 AM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 06:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I honestly hated the 6 sided ring. Its smaller all the way across and the tag matches kinda sucked.

I liked the top bar and the time limits. I agree with you on that one.

The DQ stip is great as well...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I didn't See it...(Fuck Waking up at 4 In the Morning)..But these differences sound new and fresh...I would love to see the ring..anyone have a pic of it?..
Old 05 Jun 2004, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I thought the show was pretty good. I definitely like the 6 sided ring. It was odd at first, but I liked how there was more room for them to operate.

The time limit was a nice addition. It makes it seem more like a competition and you know there has to be a definite winner, otherwise a judge decides. I like the judge idea as well.

The title loss on a DQ is good too. Like you said, no cheap way out of a match. It makes it more competitive.

Overall I was impressed with my first TNA experience. Definitely gonna watch it or tape it every Friday
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

There wasn't more room in that ring as far as I can tell...

It looked smaller than a WWE ring to me...
Old 05 Jun 2004, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Looked like more room inside of the ring to me. West and Tennay were saying the same thing too..........

Old 05 Jun 2004, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Then the wrestlers of NWA TNA are huge! The ring looked tiny with them in it IMO...
Old 05 Jun 2004, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre

lol, they might just mean actual room inside of the ring is larger, but who knows.......

Old 05 Jun 2004, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Yeah, the square footage might be slightly bigger... but when Dallas fell down it looked like he could almost reach from rope to rope...
Old 06 Jun 2004, 02:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

CountryBoy1.0 is on a distinguished road

The six-sided ring throws in so many nice little tricks for future shows that stretch the imagination a bit more. High-flying action is way more spatious, and Mike Tenay made a great point that it causes more drama in "the hot tag" sequence because you could be nowhere near your partner. I would like to see more actual utlization of how the bouncing of the ropes and various turnbuckles differentiates from a regular ring, b/c the show lacked that in the first taping, but I might just be acting nit-picky
CountryBoy1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2004, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

i think losing the title by dq is a bad idea.

the whole point of a champ keeping the title when disqualified is to allow a champ to keep their title, and increase heir heat, while a face challenger doesnt lose any popularity.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2004, 04:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

the six sided ring is always great..i have seen the lucha matches from mexico involving the ring...but it is bad when you have guys that aren't crusierweights cause the stalling and the waiting causes the match to go slow...keep it for six man tags and larger amounts of wrestlers in the rings only. I think TNA has a good product although i have missed the past month..hopefully they will improve and give the WWE a run for their money..and i agree with tin man, the dq and a time limit should be in each match to help the champ..especially for heels.
Old 09 Jun 2004, 04:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

here is a pic of the TNA Six-Sided Ring :

Attached Images
File Type: jpg thenewring01.jpg (55.7 KB, 20 views)

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2004, 09:30 AM   #14 (permalink)

Captain_Strange is on a distinguished road

Hi ... first time poster.

Anyway, I've always had my list of things I'd if I were in charge, and - although I wouldn't have gone so far as to change the ring - I would definitely have put in that DQ ruling.

I also think they should start accepting that this is a TV show, and including video replay in judges decisions. Also on my list was beefing up refs (so it takes more to bump them), and pacthing the ref's mic through the sound system so they announce the match decision instead of the announcer. I'd also like to use this so you can hear the ref hype the start of matches - from a basic "Gentlemen, you both know the rules - lets keep this clean" for basic matches, to a full rule run-down for championship matches.
Captain_Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2004, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Proud TNA Supporter

Direct has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Direct

The six sided ring is great, more innovative moves, plus overall something different to watch. One of TNA's motos, Wrestling Re-invented, well they're right with the new ring and the X-division.

As for the DQ rule on the titles...wonderful. I'm tired of wanting to see a good match on RAW and HHH end up getting a countout or Evolution interfere, this makes it so more 1 on 1 competition can happen and I love it.

TNA is more focused on sports than the entertainment at this point, you can tell with everything that goes on, RAW had 3 matches this week I think, iMPACT 4 or 5 =/...

In my opinion, TNA's time is coming if they can keep from selling out to WWE, but I dont see this happening

NOVEMBER 16, 2006 - 9:00PM ON SPIKETV
Direct is offline   Reply With Quote