ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What is The Most Dangerous Gimmick Match in Wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jun 2004, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

CountryBoy1.0 is on a distinguished road
Default What is The Most Dangerous Gimmick Match in Wrestling?

All of this hoopla on the "Ultimate X" Match (which I have recently just seen a glimpse, and boy, it IS brutal) the Bullrope Match and Hell in the Cell have brought me to a generic but valid argument...

What, in its truest essence, is the most dangerous stipulation or gimmick match in the history of professional wrestling?

Hell in the Cell might be the worst cage match ever, but I have a dark horse for my pick of the most dangerous type of match:

The scaffold match.

The concept of the match alone means you are on drugs! You are literally wrestling on a plastic bridge maybe 20 feet high in the air and if you miss your spot the lsightest bit.... you're kaput. Watch Starrcade '87 if u want to see a horrific scaffold match. New Jack of ECW fame comes to mind for me, as well.

To me, the caffold match is right over Tables, Ladders, and Chairs, a match so brutal that the WWE has not even attempted it since a Smackdown program in 2001.

But what do YOU all think is the most dangerous gimick match, NOT necessarily a SPECIFIC match, just the match by its nature in general?
CountryBoy1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

High Incedent... If I'm thinking right...

I dunno... I'm operating on about 20 ins sleep in the last 36 hrs.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 04:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Damnation He said Scaffold, Hmmmmmm just out stupidity, I'd say a Dangerous Match would be Inferno.....

Oh Shut Up, it was either that or Triple Cage, Jesus Scaffold is just Ludercrist.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

eric1229 can only hope to improveeric1229 can only hope to improve

it's the scaffold match. too much opportunity for terrible results. XPW match between new jack and vicious vic grimes is good evidence of how scary they can be
eric1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2004, 02:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

CountryBoy1.0 is on a distinguished road

Quick correction on my TLC rant, there WAS another TLC match after the Smackdown 2001 episode, it was on a late 2002 version of Raw and (surprise!) Jeff hardy took some crazy bump to finish off the match.

Another gimmick that can raise loads of danger is the ladder match. After a quick thought, I came to the tough conclusion that a ladder match IN ITS ESSENCE is more dangerous than the newly famed Ultimate X match because a ladder does not have to be used in order to grab the belt(s). Having a ladder in the equation is simply so much more greusome because the odds of a mistake are far higher than when you are holding onto a rope.
CountryBoy1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2004, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Like Almost Everyone Else Says..A Scaffold Match...There are just way too many possibilites for serious danger..
Old 06 Jun 2004, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

All I have to say is Jack Victory. And there is nothing else that comes to mind but the scaffold match. By far the sickest matches I have seen.....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2004, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

any match involving giant gonzales is a dangerous match...i mean look at the hair ugh....

but seriously i would go with the scaffold match...even holding on to the scaffold and dropping down is dangerous...ask James E.